Deleted Scene No. 4: Chapter Thirty-Four : April Leivson

"Grace" Hazel was already waiting for me in Riley's office.

"Thanks, Megan" I smiled at the eldest triplet before carefully avoiding Hazel's eyes as I made my way to my seat. Just because I am supposed to have some destiny with her does not in any way mean I am going to put up with her shit when I have finally found an advantage.

"Grace..." Hazel warned. Too bad I left my index cards in my bag, and my bag was left with Megan.

"Hazel, whatever you did to make her ignore you probably has a high validation. Leave her alone" Riley sighed, sitting on the top of her desk. "Anyway. Word is getting out about a bunch of N.S. agents showing up in the same place. I can do nothing to stop these rumors, but I can, however, assign you a guardian. She should be here momentarily" The redhead explained. "In the meantime, Grace, what did Hazel do to make you ignore her?"

"She doesn't respect me. Therefor I will not let her control me" at this Hazel's eyes widened and Riley shot her a disappointed look.

"Hazel Sinclair. Do you recognize those words?" She stated at Hazel. The latter was still stunned.

"It's different" Hazel retorted under her breath.

"Hazel, we have been over this! What you think doesn't matter!" Riley grumbled softly.

"We are not the same. If all you have to do here is lecture me, I am not going to sit through it" she hissed and made it to the door before she walked into an older woman.

"And here is that guardian I was telling you about. Hazel, Grace, this is April Levison. April, this is my spoiled ex-cadet, and the girl that got dragged into Hazel's issues" Riley gestured to each of us in turn.

"The only second to make it into the Academy. I expect trouble from you" the older woman chuckled, looking Hazel over. This April woman was probably the same kind of anomaly as Hazel. Black hair, faded storm gray eyes, and an aura that made my stomach flip. She felt like Micha.

"And you're Grace. Pleasure to meet the only person beside Megan to withstand Hazel for more than a week" April mused while Hazel growled at her. "Oh, you are terrifying" April pretended to be afraid of Hazel, only to laugh. "You don't scare me, sweetie"

"April" Riley sighed. "Anyway, Ms. Levison is going to be the new math teacher for upperclassmen. She is your senior, Hazel, and you will do what she asks. Grace, I expect you to take up any N.S. related questions or concerns with her if they arise. You are both dismissed. Megan is staying with me for a while. Hazel, drive her or April will drive you both"

"Why would I need to go with her?" Hazel breathed in an exasperated fashion.

"Because you are inviting her to your house to make up for whatever inconvenience you've caused her. I don't care how" The redhead rolled her eyes "not a word of complaint out of you, Hazel" she demanded before leaving her office.

"Wait-" I tried to catch Riley, but no luck. I would have to spend time with Hazel. Great.

"I am not driving you two. See ya" April waved and walked out, leaving me alone with a very unhappy Hazel.

"I'm going to the locker room. I will be at Megan's car in ten minutes. Follow or meet me there if you can find your way out" Hazel sighed. Dammit. Now I have to acknowledge her or get lost down here.

She started walking out and I, unhappily, followed. We made our way to the locker room, Hazel's posture tense and agitated, while I was just trying to work out what horrible life choices I made to deserve the fuming demon in front of me. Maybe I should've taken up more community service...

"Wait here" Hazel growled at me once we reached our destination, slamming the door in my face after she went into the room, and left me in the hallway.

"Grace!"