Chapter Seventeen : Playing Matchmaker

Author's Note: I got bored and made this pic of Hazel. I take no credit. I just photoshopped a little and slapped words onto it.

"Grace Daniels!" I yelped and choked on the turkey sandwich I'd just sat down to eat. I was still coughing when the person who'd interrupted my lunch and his giggly girlfriend stood in front of me.

"Thanks for scaring the-" I croaked, coughing again every few seconds.

"What happened this morning?!" "Deets!" Cael exclaimed and Robyn squealed at the same time.

"I was... Late for class? Marley was going on about a pet she doesn't have?" I pretended I didn't know what they were talking about, unfortunately I was a horrible blusher and I made it a lot obvious that I did know and was stalling.

"You. Hazel. I don't need details, just want to know the hell happened?!" Cael asked the last few words like I'd killed someone. Robyn was still bouncing up and down, clapping.

"We were fighting and somehow ended up having sex" I shrugged. The two of them went sheet white. While they were ogling I casually took out my phone and took a picture. "No you idiots. I ran into her. The only thing sexual about t were the pervs watching" I rolled my eyes.

"Marley?" The two said in sync, putting on similar 'duh' expressions.

"No the donut man" I took another bite of my sandwich.

"Hello my bitches! You may now rejoice in my presence!" I choked again. People have got to stop doing that to me! "Aww, Gracie is getting all choked up. I know, I'm amazing" I flipped her off while trying to breathe.

"Marley, they didn't have sex" Robyn rolled her eyes. Marley laughed and brought a seat to sit across from me, our knees bumping.

"But she was thinking it really hard" Cael, Robyn and I all have her bored looks. Mine was ruined by a few stray coughs. "Y'all know it's true" she stated smugly.

"Wait, why do you two need to know about my sex life?" I glared mostly at Cael. Not because he is a guy, god, I've got some respect for the guy. I've just known him the longest and he'd be the one to react the most.

"She doesn't have one!" Marley chirped unhelpfully. She was met by a 'shut up, Marley' from all of us. She just pouted indignantly.

"Cause we're caring friends that want to keep our little lesbian safe" Cael replied, trying to look all mature and manly.

"Kiss up"

"Hah. She got you there, baby" Robyn laughed at him. "I'm just curious. If you had gone anywhere with Hazel, I think it's our obligation as your friends to completely freak it over it. I mean I get the whole thing you have for her-"

"I do not!"

"You do" the three groaned and let Robyn continue. "But it's our job to stop you from going too far too fast"

"If you had sex, it's my legal obligation to make fun of you" Marley smirked and took a bite of my sandwich. Wait a second!

"Hey! Mine!" I grabbed it back from her before giving her a light smack on her thigh. "Hey, why are you guys so fine with me and Hazel?"

"You're the only other person here with good judgement" Robyn earned a complaint from Cael and a confirmation from Marley (she also added a 'says a lot about the judgement of our group'). "She isn't good for you, but I think you can hold your own against her"

"And it's sorta hot" Marley and Cael said at the same time. They exchanged a look. Then they fist bumped. I threw a notebook at Marley and Cael received a punch to the rib.

"I chose you didn't I?" Cael put his hands up in surrender.

"That's cause you found out she's gay" Marley jeered.

"Ha" I added.

"You two suck!" Cael was being 'assaulted' by his girlfriend. She was slapping his shoulder.

"She's still gay, actually" Marley purred.

"Everyone together" I sighed. In a breath we all said "pervert".

"You're just now figuring this out?" She snorted.

"No" we, again, groaned.

"Speaking of perving, Grace has been texting someone named Micha. I'm leaving it to imagination until you spill" Marley gave me a triumphant smirk "tell your girlfriend to stop having such a loud voice"

"She isn't my girlfriend" I corrected despite knowing Marley would take it as encouragement. "And Micha is a friend. I met her while I was in Hazel's freaky night school"

"Night school, friend of Hazel's, your new friend... Dibs!" Marley snagged my phone. I stole it back after she sent her note.

Me : this is Gracie's hot friend Marley. Date me.

"Mar! No! Bad Mar!" I smacked her head again.

Micha : the one who'd hit on me. Damn, you're quick to the point. Tell your cute friend to send me her address. I'd love to meet the people Hazel hates ;)

Marley took my phone again and furious typed in the address. I didn't try to stop her because a flirting Marley is both an immovable object and a stupidly determined force.

"Everyone is taking Sawyer's car back! My future girlfriend will be over at six!" I gave her another smack for good luck.