Life takes and takes and takes... and gives P2

Dick bounced Liam on his hip as he waited for the commissioner to speak.

It had been 3 weeks since Dick and Jason had taken in the nearly one year old baby, and Dick's paid leave had come to an end.

"Grayson..." the commissioner started, dragging a hand over his face. "There isn't anybody... nobody wants to take in that poor child."

Liam gurgled and clapped his hands, causing the commissioner to smile.

Dick looked over to Jason who was standing at his side, seeing his husband give him a nod and an encouraging smile. "Sir... I... I know a family who'd be interested in adopting Liam," he said sheepishly.

Commissioner raised an eyebrow. "Go on," he said.

"It's us sir," Jason said, wrapping his arm around Dick's waist. "I can work from home and take care of little Liam... and we've gotten quite attached to him these past few weeks."

"As long as you're not the one changing the diapers ya?" Dick teased.

"Hey, I won that arm wrestle fair and square," Jason said.

The commissioner cleared his throat to gain the couple's attention again. "Well... there are a few checks and a bit of paperwork we have to go through, but I think you can officially consider Liam your son," he said with a wide smile.

Dick looked up at Jason excitedly, and Liam clapped his hands again.

"Yay! Yay Liam," Jason cooed, bending down and clapping in time with the baby.

The commissioner chuckled. "I'll get the legal things ready to be put through with the city office," he said. "Good luck."

Jason and Dick smiled and waved as they exited the commissioner's office, inwardly rejoicing that they'd get to keep Liam as their own.

"Hey," Jason said, turning towards his husband who was bouncing their newly adopted son in his arms.

"Hmm?" Dick looked up at Jason, a soft smile on his face.

"So now that we've officially adopted Liam... shouldn't we tell the rest of the family?" Jason asked.

Dick's brow furrowed. "I guess you're right," he mumbled, glancing down at the happy baby in his arms.

"So when are we going to tell them?" Jason asked.

"Well..." Dick started. "I don't have work this weekend so we could go up to Gotham today," he said with a shrug.

Jason nodded. "You wanna text Bruce and ask if it's alright?" He asked.

Dick nodded, balancing Liam on one hip while he pulled out his phone and quickly sent the text, leaving out any details about Liam to keep it a surprise.

Bruce responded relatively quickly, assuring them that there would always be a place for them at the manor, and telling Dick once again that he didn't need to ask to come stay.

"B said it's all cool if we come," Dick said, allowing Liam to grab his phone which he made sure to sanitize regularly.

Liam held the phone to his ear with his tiny hands and gurgled into it.

"Aww! Jay look at Liam!" Dick cooed.

Jason smiled when he saw the nearly one year old child. "Well at least we know he's technically gifted like you," Jason teased, pulling out his own phone to snap a quick photo.

Dick chuckled, bending down to pick his phone up when Liam dropped it. "Go get yourself packed Jaybird," he said. "You can take Liam duty when you're done."