Christmas

The entire manor had an air of excitement as Christmas approached.

Jason was especially excited since this would be his boyfriend's first time celebrating Christmas. And as such, he went out of his way to make sure things were as talon friendly as possible; making sure to explain little things like mistletoe and having Alfred tone down the lights and festive music so they wouldn't be too much for Dick's enhanced senses.

And things were going great... until things around the manor started going missing.

Of course this started multiple arguments between the siblings as to who was the one taking things, leading to even more things being taken and held hostage and even some death threats from Damian.

All of this was mostly forgotten on Christmas day as the bats gathered around the large evergreen tree that Alfred had somehow managed to get inside of the house.

Shiny wrapped presents were piled under the tree, all of them with the name of the gift giver and receiver on them.

The family was all laughs and smiles as they unwrapped the different presents and handed their own gifts to each other.

Almost all of the presents had been handed out and unwrapped when Dick walked into the room with an armful of poorly wrapped presents. His golden eyes were nearly glowing in delight, and there was an adorable smile stretched across his face.

The gifts seemed to be wrapped in scratch paper from an old notebook, and everyone was touched that Dick had found gifts for all of them.

"Dickie, you didn't have to get gifts for everyone," Jason said when Dick handed him his present.

Dick looked confused for a moment. "Don't want?" He asked, pointing to Jason's gift.

"No, I want it, but... never mind... thank you," he said, deciding that trying to explain that Dick hadn't been expected to give gifts to the others especially when it was his first Christmas would just ruin the mood.

Damian was the first to open his present from his oldest brother, and he was surprised to find that it was a large box containing his phone that had been missing for more than a month.

Tim's present contained his favorite coffee mug he hadn't been able to find forever, Jason's had his AirPods, Bruce's was his car keys, and Alfred's box held his favorite spatula.

The whole family sat there speechless. Jason obviously hadn't been clear enough when he described the gift giving process...

"You like?" Dick asked, bouncing up and down in excitement.

Everyone else shared a look. Who was going to tell him?

Alfred, bless his soul, saved the family before they managed to crush the poor talon's heart and soul. "These are excellent gifts master Dick. It looks like you've given everyone something that they love," he said with a small smile.

Dick's own smile grew even wider.

"Now," Alfred continued. "Why don't you come help me start preparations for tonight's dinner."

Dick skipped out of the room after Alfred, leaving the others wondering what had just happened.

"So who's going to tell him?" Damian asked.

"Not me," Bruce said immediately.

"Me either," Jason added.

"You're his freaking boyfriend," Tim said.

"Exactly why I shouldn't tell him. I like our relationship," Jason countered.

"I vote Jason," Damian said.

"Seconded," Bruce said.

"As much as I hate to agree with the Demon... he has a point. It was you who was teaching him about gift giving in the first place," Tim said.

Jason sighed. "Fine... I'll talk to him about it.

It was later that night when Jason actually got around to confronting his boyfriend about the gift giving predicament from earlier that day. The two were chilling in the Batcave when Jason finally decided to bring it up.

"Dickie," Jason started, earning a hum from the elder. "The presents you gave earlier... I've got to explain something to you..."

Dick's attention was piqued when his presents were mentioned, and he turned to face Jason, giving the younger his full attention.

"Sooooo... when you're giving someone a gift you can't just take something that's theirs and put it in a box," he said, cringing slightly at how harsh he sounded.

Dick's face scrunched up in confusion. "Not take!" He said. "Me... I... I found."

Jason sighed. "It's not finding if you grab something off of a table or desk Dick," he said.

Dick's lips curled into a pout. "No. Not grab," he insisted, walking over to the gaping crack in the Batcave's floor and pointing into it. "Found."

"Wait... you went down there to find things we lost?" Jason asked.

Dick nodded, his eyes tearing up slightly. "Jay didn't like present," he said dejectedly.

"No! I loved it! I've been looking for my AirPods forever..." Jason trailed off when he noticed Dick shaking his head.

"No," Dick said softly. "Put kisses and hugs in box to make Jason, Dami, Bruce, and Timmy happy." Dick rubbed at his wet eyes, his lower lip trembling.

Jason's guilt skyrocketed. "Dickiebird... I'm sorry I made you feel sad... But I really do love my present. Even more now that I know about the hugs and kisses you put in there," Jason said, wrapping his boyfriend in a hug.

Dick looked up hopefully. "Y-you do?" He asked.

"Of course," Jason reassured. "Hugs and Kisses can be hard to see sometimes when you put them in a box."

Dick nodded and leaned into Jason's hug, the frown melting off of his face.

Jason sighed, still feeling like the most horrible person on the earth. But at least he'd made things better with his boyfriend... all he had to do now was to tell his sibling...