Go away

This chapter is based on this super sad Greek myth so ya... I hope you're in the mood for the sad

TW: death
———————————————————————————

"You... you killed him," Bruce whispered, glancing outside to where he could see a black haired body.

Dick's smile fell. "Not supposed to?" He asked, confusion filling his golden eyes.

Bruce was horrified. "You killed my son!" He shouted. "You're a monster... get out. GET OUT!"

Dick backed up as if he'd been struck. "B-but—

"GET OUT! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" Bruce shouted, pointing towards the door.

Dick cowered, looking to Bruce for a moment more, silently pleading with him to reconsider.

Bruce's face was hard and unmoving, frozen into an intense look of hatred and disgust.

Dick finally turned and bolted towards the door, forcing himself not to look back again. He couldn't bare to see the look on Bruce's face.

After Dick was gone Bruce's face fell and tears spilled from his eyes.

Dick had been supposed to protect Damian... but now...

Bruce glanced back outside, his eyes landing on the corpse that was mostly hidden in some tall grass behind a large tree. He supposed he better go collect the body of his youngest son.

Earlier that day

"Watch over your brother for me," Bruce had said before he left.

Of course he hadn't meant it as an order, but Dick had taken it as one. This was, however, one order he didn't mind following.

So Dick ended up watching Damian through one of the manor's windows, a soft smile on his face as he watched his youngest brother climb trees and run around outside.

After a while Damian settled down at the foot of a tree, taking a nap in the dappled sunshine.

Damian was sleeping under a tree at the edge of a densely wooded forest, one that any normal person would have trouble seeing from the manor window, but Dick watched with his bright golden eyes, not missing a thing.

The grass near Damian twitched and Dick's attention was immediately drawn to it.

A black furred head rose above the grass for just a fraction of a second as a large black wolf moved forward towards Damian.

Dick immediately ran towards the manor's door, sprinting through the grass towards his brother.

The wolf pounced at Damian, waking the boy who only barely managed to dodge its deadly jaws.

Damian jumped to his feet and began running, looking for something to use as a weapon.

Dick pushed himself faster when he saw his brother stumble and fall with a cry of pain as his ankle twisted under him.

Damian crawled forward towards his older brother when he noticed him running towards him.

The wolf reached Damian only seconds before Dick did, but even as the giant beast lunged for Damian's throat he was knocked away.

Dick grabbed onto the wolf's tail and threw it to the side. His eyes gleamed a bright yellow as he scooped Damian up in his arms and boosted him into the nearest tree.