Chapter 8

After a drunken night, it was already daytime. Jack and Y/n were sound asleep. Jack was mumbling something when he started to awaken to an odd smell. He turned his head to see the fire. He immediately pushed aside Y/n and stood up, running. Y/n awoke with a surprise as she stood up, looking to see what was going on.

"Oh my gosh," her eyes widened as she noticed Elizabeth setting fire to everything.She ran after Jack as they both went toward Elizabeth. "Not good! What are you doing?" Jack yells as he sees everything burning. "You've burned all the food, the shade, the rum!"

Elizabeth walks off as Y/n stands. "Yes, The rum is gone. " "Why is the rum gone?" She turns to him and says, "One, it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, the signal is over a thousand feet in the air.The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me. Do you think there is the slightest chance that they won't see it?"

"I agree with your reasons, but you could have at least spared a few so that we don't starve to death," Y/n said with her arms crossed. "A nice plan, but could've used more thought". Elizabeth looked at Y/n. "I may have just thought of the Royal Navy finding me," she said. "mhm," Y/n said, nodding.

Jack looked at Elizabeth, "But why is the rum gone?" still confused as to why. Elizabeth gives him a glare and turns around to sit down. "Just wait, Captain Sparrow. Give it one hour, maybe two, keep a weather eye open, and you will see white sails on that horizon". She gazes over at the sea.

Y/n noticed his reaction and when he was about to point his pistol at her, she quickly grabbed his wrist and gave him a dangerous glare. "Don't you dare," she whispered. He put his pistol back in as Y/n let go of his wrist and walked off. Y/n goes next to Elizabeth and lowers himself. "I better go with him or he'll do something," Y/n says. Elizabeth gives her a nod, but before Y/n walks off, she says, "Y/n, thank you for saving me." She gives a small smile. Y/n turns around and says "Of course, I may be a pirate Elizabeth, but I care about you and Will. When the navy comes, I'm sure we'll be able to save him too. " Y/n smiles and walks off to see Jack.

"Jack, wait, slow down!" Y/n runs toward him. He stops and turns out to see her go down as she breathes. He grabs her close and looks straight at her. "Did you know about her plan?" he asks in a frustrated tone. Y/n looks at him and can tell he's annoyed. "She told me she had one, but didn't expect that." He lets her go and continues to walk. Y/n follows him. "Must've been terrible for you to be trapped here, Jack." He looks at Y/n, who scoffs. "I had nothing to do with that plan and you know it! We both got drunk and we had a romantic night!" she replied.

"Well it's bloody terrible now!" he yelled at her. Y/n goes to him and slaps his face. "Listen here, you second-rated pirate! "This shouldn't have happened in the first place, "she crossed her arms. "No luv, you were not supposed to be here." He sighed and sat down. Y/n tilted her head, confused. "Jack, what are you talking about?" He makes a sitting motion next to him. "Sit down," he says. Y/n walked over and sat down next to him. "Go on, tell me," she sighed. "Sorry for calling you that".

He nodded and continued his story. "When I first got marooned on this island, I told Barbossa to not harm you so that you would have been safe, and I did it again, but it appears you are here." He looked at her seriously. Y/n couldn't believe her ears. All this time, Jack was protecting her. "Jack... I had no idea, I just always felt like I owed you because I couldn't have helped you". "I have my moments, darling," he smiled as he wrapped an arm around Y/n. She chuckles, "Yes, you do." He goes in for a kiss as she holds onto his cheek.

Jack stops and looks ahead, "Jack? What are you-oh. " They both see a ship with white sails. He turns around to see where Elizabeth is sitting. "Come on, Luv," he says, taking her hand in his as they walk. Suddenly, Elizabeth stands with a satisfied sigh, "I told you the plan worked." "Thankfully, or we'd die," Jack added. "Now Jack, it was a good plan. She just forgot about hunger, "she pats her shoulder.