Chapter 6

Jack rows the boat as they head into a cave. As he rows, Will is observing the area and notices a dead boy that was once a man, now a skeleton. His eyes widened as he saw this. "What code is Gibbs to follow if the worst happens?" he asks, turning his head."Pirates code," he says."Any man who falls behind is left behind". Will looks at Y/n and she nods. "No heroes among thieves, eh?". "We were all not that bad." Y/n crosses her arms as she looks at Will.

"You know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates, you're well on your way to becoming one". "He's right, you know, sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship in the fleet, and sailed with a buccaneer crew out of Tortuga". Y/n added. "Aye, and," he says as he turns to see Will staring at the treasure. "You are completely obsessed with treasure." Y/n chuckles as Will makes a face at Jack, "I'm not obsessed with treasure!".

"Not all treasure is gold, mate." He looks at Y/n and she smiles. Will noticed and looked back at the treasure as Jack continued to row the boat. They finally made it to land and pulled the boat ashore. As they were getting out of the boat, they carefully walked through it. Y/n says as they're walking. "I hope Elizabeth is alright" "I do too". Will says, and she pats his shoulder. Jack moves his arm, telling them to come closer. As they did, they noticed a group of pirates gathered around them.

Elizabeth stands next to Barbossa as he speaks. She looks above everyone, terrified of what is happening at the moment. "Elizabeth," Will and Y/n said, as they looked at her. "Barbossa," Jack says with a serious face. "Our salvation is nigh!" Barbossa speaks to his pirate crew as the pirates cheer. "Our torment is near an end!" the pirates cheer. "For ten years we've been tested and tried, and each man here has proved his mettle a hundred times over and a hundred times again!" The pirates cheer as they agree, "Suffered, I have!" Ragetti yelled. Barbossa heard him and agreed. "Punished we were, the lot of us, disproportionate to our crime! Here it is!"

Barbossa kicked the lid off the mysterious stone in the center. Everyone gasped, including the three who were hiding behind them. Inside a bunch of Aztec gold. "The cursed treasure of Cortes himself," Barbossa said as he dragged his fingers across the gold. Will looked at Jack, then ahead.

"Every last piece that went astray, we have returned. Save for this!" he points at the last piece attached to Elizabeth's neck. "Jack!" Will was about to move to save Elizabeth, but Jack and Y/n stopped him. "Not yet!" Jack said as they ducked. "We wait for the opportune moment." Jack walks to another direction as Will and Y/n follow. "When's that?" "When it's of greatest profit for you?" Will stands. Y/n looks at Will and then at Jack. Jack stops walking and asks, "May I ask you something?" He turns around and faces Will. "Have I ever given you reason not to trust me?"

"Do us a favor. I know it is difficult for you, but please stay here and try not to do anything stupid. He smiles and then walks off. Will and Y/n look at each other and decide to just listen more to what's happening. "Who among us has paid the blood sacrifice owed to the heathen gods?" Barbossa said to his crew. "Yours!" the pirates yell.

"And whose blood must yet be paid?" "Hers!" they yell and point at Elizabeth. She is scared as one pirate imitates his sword cutting her throat. Will and Y/n decide to walk in the same direction as Jack did. Jack found a spot to see another angle. "You know what I'm going to do once the curse is lifted?" the crew cackles. Barbossa turns to Elizabeth and says, "Eat a whole bushel of apples!" He grabs her neck and shoves her forward to the Aztec gold. Elizabeth gasped.

The pirates chant "Blood!" "Blood!" as Barbossa grabs the sharp knife. "Begun by blood." "by blood undone." As Jack listens, he hears something and turns around. Will hits Jack with the oar in his hands, making Jack unconscious. Y/n puts her hands to her mouth about what she just witnessed. "Will!" She runs toward Jack to see if he's ok. "Sorry Y/n, but I won't let Jack make me his leverage". He throws the oar down to the ground. "Come, we must go around to save Elizabeth!" He reaches his hand out to her, but she looks at Jack. "I can't leave him behind, Will. You go on without me." Will looks at Y/n, but understands. He nods and leaves her as she is with Jack.