Chapter 5

They finally arrived at Tortuga. A dank and dirty port, where the tides seem to have swept together the scum of the Caribbean: pirates, privateers, prostitutes, thieves, and drunkards. With its cantered, rotting docks, weather beaten buildings, and odd assortment of livestock running free: donkeys, chickens, etc. far less civilized than Port Royal. Y/n, Will, and Jack move through the crowds as Y/n and Jack show Will around a bit.

"It is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deeply of the sweet, proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga Savvy?" Will noticed that Jack caught a random staff that was flown right into Jack's hand. Jack turns to Will, "What do you think?" Y/n turns to see Will's face. He notices a man drinking rum like a beast. "It'll linger," Will says. "It's... fine," Y/n adds. "Haven't you been here before?" he asks Y/n. "Oh I have, but the place always surprises me" "That's because you don't come here often, luv". Jack says He turns to Will and says, "I'll tell you mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted." Y/n raises an eyebrow, "No man would ever feel unwanted, you say? I wonder why "she looks at Jack." "It is what I say," ignoring her glare.

A redheaded woman was walking towards them "Scarlet!" Jack says as he walks toward her, but instead of saying anything, she slaps him and leaves. "Not sure I deserved that." Y/n stares at him, Will gives a side look. "Oh, something tells me that it was well deserved, Jack. You had company while you were away. "Another blonde woman walked toward them, "Giselle!" "Who was she? and who's this woman?" "Which woman?" Jack asks. Giselle slaps him and looks at Y/n "He's a cheat!" As she walks away, Will just stares at Jack. "I may have deserved that," Jack says. Y/n stares down at Jack with her mouth open a little "Clearly".

Jack tried to apologize to Y/n, but it wasn't working out. "Y/n luv, you have to understand, a man has desires". She stopped and turned around "desires? Oh, so having one wasn't enough, so add two more to your desires? " He grabs hold of her hands and looks at her. "Darling, I was alone. If I had you, there wouldn't be anyone else, but you." She looks at him seriously and says, "There wasn't supposed to be anyone else, Jack." He looked down, "Your right. So how about this?" He leans closer and whispers to her ear. Y/n makes a face and turns to him "Are you serious? unbelievable! " She walks away and stands next to Will.

"Are you alright?" Will asks. Y/n crosses her arms. "No, not really. He can be such an idiot. A loveable one at that!". "Found him!" Jack yells around the corner. Will and Y/n are beside Jack, looking to see who he was looking for. It was Mr. Gibbs sleeping on the floor where pigs were sleeping with him. Jack has a bucket of water and splashes on Mr. Gibbs. "Curse you for breathing, you slack-jawed idiot!" he yells as the three of them look at him. "Mothers love. ""Jack" "You should know better than to wake a man while he's sleeping," he adds. "Ah, fortunately, I know how to counter it." He walks toward Gibbs. "The man who did the waking buys the man who was sleeping a drink. The man who was sleeping drinks it while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking. "

Jack lends a hand to Mr. Gibbs "Aye. That'll about do it. " Will throws another bucket of water at Gibbs. "Blast! I'm already awake!" he yells. "That was for the smell." Will says. "Nice to see you again, Mr. Gibbs," Y/n adds. He looks at Will and nods, then looks at Y/n. "Nice to see you again, Maris." The four of them walk into a saloon.

Will and Y/n were standing as Jack was walking with a drink in his hand toward Mr. Gibbs. "Where do you think you're standing, luv?" he grabs Y/n's waist. "I'm with Will-" he looks at Will. "Keep a sharp eye." Will nods. "Come on darling, you'll sit with me." They walked together, and when Jack sat down, he settled Y/n sitting on his lap. He noticed Y/n blushing. "This doesn't change things, Jack." Y/n was clearly still upset with him after he failed to apologize, even though it felt nice to be in this position.