Eight

Eight

Harry ( Surprise? Finally.)

        My laptop lays in my lap, my mums voice filling my ears, while she chatters on the phone with an unkown person. I have been working on my book report on ' Pride and Prejudice'. To be honest I hated the book. I would cringe throughout the whole book. My teacher;Mrs.Barkley says ' you just don't appreciate fine literature' I really dislike her. I have a strange disliking for Elizibeth in the book. Her personality just really sets me off. I havn't even finished it yet. My audio copy is still paused at twenty-four.

        I take my earbuds out of my ear, when I hear something being placed on the coffee table infront of me. He feels someone sit beside him and take his hand. I almost instantlly realize its my mum. " Harry..." She trails off, rubbing my knuckles.

        I close my laptop. " Yes?" I ask.

        " Were having a visitor for dinner tomorrow night," She says, gulping. I nod my head confused why she seems so nervous.

        " Um, okay," I say, running a hand through my curls. " Thats cool. Who is it?" I question, raising a brow.

        " Thats the thing...you see its a guy. You know that guy I said I met a down at the bakery?" She ask. I very quickly understand whats going on. My mum was into this guy. This slightly angered me, how she could get over dad so quick.

        " His names Robin," She says. I slip my hand out of hers, shaking my head. " Is this okay with you?" I keep shaking my head, as tears fill my eyes. I quickly stand up, sliding my laptop on the couch and clutching my cane.

        " Does this look okay to you?" I ask. " Do you still even love dad?" I ask. I walk upstairs, hearing her voice call.

        " Of course I-I do..." Her voice cracks at the end. I slam my bedroom door close, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I take a deep breath, sitting on the edge of my bed.

        " Call, Georgie," I command, as I hear my phone make a beeping noise, and then it rings. It takes a few moments until she picks up.

        " Hello," She says, a little yawn at the end. She must have been asleep. I dry my wet eyes, sighing, laying my cane down.

        " I'm sorry were you asleep?" I ask, frowning.

        " Umm...yeah I fell asleep , while studying for our math test on my bed," She says in a tiny voice. I smile, clearly hearing the tiredness in her voice. I felt guilty for waking her out of her needed slumber. " Did you need something, Harry?" She ask. I sigh, running a hand down my face.

        " Well. yeah," I admitt. " My mum...she's having a guy over for dinner."

        " Hmm," I hear from the other line. " And?" She adds.

        " Well, I was wondering if you would come over for the dinner...???" I ask, nervously biting my lip, anticipating her answer. Its a few moments of silence, before I hear a pen clicking.

        " Yeah, sure what time?" She ask. I smile brightky, before telling her all the details. Me and Georgie talk for a little while longer, before my eye lids start to droop and the clocks shows Two' O'Clock A.M, making me from, bidding Georgie a goodnight. My eyes flutter shut, my body at ease, relieved I wont be by myself at the dinner.

_____

I'm sorry this is like a filler chapter, but I still hope you like :) The dinners in the next chapter! Pic of Georgie to the side :)

Vote, Comment ♥

Love, Savannah