Ten

A few months had passed and things had settled down again for Cheryl, she still thought about Toni but she could do day to day activities again without breaking down.

When her friends came back from New York the redhead had taken Fangs, Sweet Pea and Tabitha out for a meal to apologise for going home early and all of the drama she had caused on their trip and they obviously made sure they let her know that it wasn't her fault.

Cheryl had tried being more honest to her friends about how she felt about everything with Toni and they of course supported her but more than anything they made her feel valid, something that didn't happen too often.

Through Cheryl's heartbreak surfacing again she'd managed to find a healthy way of expressing her emotions and that was in her art, every canvas portraying her feelings at the time.

She had also accepted that no matter what Toni was doing with her life she'd be grateful that she had been able to spend a small part of her life with the brunette even if their last couple of encounters were chaotic.

Cheryl finally felt okay, nothing in her life would ever be perfect because Toni wasn't in it but she was okay, she didn't feel like she needed her to live a happy life.

There had been a lot of nights since New York where she'd lay in bed and think about their last interaction, the way Toni kissed her made her feel like she was the only person in the world but to Toni it was probably just goodbye.

Cheryl thought about reaching out to the brunette a couple of times but reconsidered, she didn't want to burden Toni and she didn't really want the drama.

Her ex was in a relationship too she reminded herself and she would never overstep that line even if her partner is an asshole.

***

Cheryl had a lunch date arranged with Tabitha at Pops just to catch up, she enjoyed spending time with her friends.

As she walked into the diner she gave her friend a small wave before sitting across from her in the booth.

'How are you?' Cheryl smiled.

'I'm good, business is booming right now, how about you?' Tabitha asked.

'I'm really good, I've just closed sales on two of my paintings' Cheryl smiled.

'That's really great Cheryl, you're an amazing artist'.

A waitress came over, politely interrupting them and taking their orders before leaving them to chat.

Cheryl listened as Tabitha chatted about a guy she's dating chiming in every now and again, her friend actually seemed settled with this man and Cheryl was happy for her.

Just as the redhead was about to speak the bell above the entrance rang and got her attention, Cheryl glanced up but froze upon seeing the person.

'Earth to Cheryl' Tabitha tried before turning to see what had gotten her attention.

Even she was shocked to see Toni making her way over to their table.

'Toni... what are you doing here?' Cheryl asked in shock.

'I'm really sorry to just show up, can we talk?'.

Cheryl looked at Tabitha, she was completely confused and she felt like she had forgotten how to speak for a minute.

'We can reschedule' Tabitha said sliding out of the booth 'it was really nice to see you Toni'.

Toni gave her a small smile as she walked away before looking back at the redhead.