Nine

'Did you manage to talk to Toni?' Tabitha asked as Fangs walked into the apartment 'I haven't been able to get her out of her room'.

At that moment Toni stepped into the apartment from behind Fangs.

'Oh' Tabitha said when her eyes landed on Toni.

Fangs walked up to Cheryl's door knocking on it but as he expected he received no answer.

'We're going out for lunch Cheryl, if you want us to bring you anything back call one of us' Fangs called from the other side of the door.

'Come on you two' Fangs said as he looked at Sweet Pea and Tabitha.

They both got up following Fangs out of the apartment, Sweet Pea didn't say anything to Toni he just gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze before shutting the door behind him.

Toni took a deep breath as she approached Cheryl's bedroom door, she knocked lightly on it but of course nothing happened.

'Cheryl it's Toni, can we talk?' Toni waited a moment expecting to be ignored.

'Please' Toni tried again 'I don't want you to leave while we're on bad terms'.

Toni waited a little longer.

Nothing.

Just as she was about to walk away she heard the bedroom door unlock.

She waited but Cheryl didn't open the door so instead she reached for the door handle pushing it down carefully and opening the door.

She looked at the redhead sitting on her bed, her arms wrapped around her legs as she avoided eye contact with the brunette.

Toni kicked off her shoes and carefully sat at the end of the redheads bed.

'Cheryl, I'm so sorry for the way I acted last night, I had no right' Toni took a breath 'you wasn't doing anything wrong. I was drunk and... jealous even though I shouldn't be. The way I acted was completely immature, I'm in a relationship and what you do is no business of mine'.

'I'm just sorry that you had to see me that way' Cheryl said lifting her eyes for a second before looking down again.

'You didn't know I was going to show up, I reacted without thinking. I was in the wrong.' Toni admitted.

'You don't have to do this Toni, I should have told Destiny I wasn't interest as soon as I saw you'.

'Why? So you could watch me be with Jacob all night' Toni said 'I didn't want to see you with someone else but how can I have the audacity to be mad when I was doing the same thing'.

'Because this is all my fault'.

'Cheryl it's not your fault. I know that it didn't seem like it last night but I do want you to be happy. I want you to move on with your life and find someone that you can pour all of your love into... you deserve to be happy'.

'I've tried Toni, I truly have but being happy isn't in my cards, I don't deserve it, I lost my chance at happiness' Cheryl said honestly.

'You can't believe that' Toni frowned.

'Thank you for coming Toni but I don't want to keep you from your life' Cheryl said changing the subject.

'Cheryl please stop pushing me away' Toni reached over placing a hand on the redheads knee.

'I just... I don't want to say the wrong thing' Cheryl admitted 'I don't want us to fight again before I leave'.

'I promise we won't' Toni said 'can I hug you?'.