Eight

How many times could they keep chasing after each other Cheryl thought as she rushed down the stairs to the streets of New York.

'Toni wait' she yelled as she saw a glimpse of the brunette turning the corner.

Cheryl's eyes were filled with tears but she couldn't bring herself to care as she ran, her heels clicking on the concrete beneath her feet.

'Toni please' she almost screamed causing people to look at her but not Toni, she just carried on marching away.

Cheryl didn't stop though not until she had caught up with her and was able to reach for her arm.

'What Cheryl!' Toni yelled causing Cheryl to take a few steps back.

'Was this your plan all along?' Toni began rambling, anger seeping through her lips 'show me what I'm missing, make me jealous or did you just want me to see you with your legs wrapped around another woman?'.

'Toni, no of course not' Cheryl tried 'I didn't know you was going to show up'.

'How stupid am I?' Toni laughed humourlessly as tears ran down her cheeks 'worrying about you while you're busy being fucked!'.

Cheryl couldn't help but flinch she didn't think she'd ever seen Toni so angry.

'Go home Cheryl' Toni said shaking her head before walking away from her 'and stay out of my life'.

'How dare you be angry at me' Cheryl shot back.

'What?' Toni said whizzing around.

'I'm single Toni, I have been for years. I'm sorry you saw me like that but you have no right to be angry, like you said earlier you don't care' Cheryl's emotions were all over the place and the alcohol wasn't helping.

Toni shook her head before turning and walking away again.

'Running back to your boyfriend is a little hypocritical after the way you're reacting to me having a meaningless fuck, don't ya think?' Cheryl called.

'Are you trying to piss me off?' Toni spat spinning around.

'If the truth pisses you off then so be it' Cheryl shrugged trying to seem like she didn't care when it was so obvious she did.

'I know, how about I go and get Jacob and we fuck in front of you? How would you feel about that?' Toni smirked as she saw Cheryl falter.

'How was I suppose to know you were going to turn up at my apartment' Cheryl argued 'I'm alone Toni, is it so bad that I wanted some attention?'.

Toni didn't say anything but she didn't turn away this time.

'I'm sorry Toni, I truly am. I'm... embarrassed that you had to see me like that but I'm only human. I'm angry and hurt, not at you but at myself for ever leaving you. Distracting myself with Destiny like I have with other women in the past let's me forget my life even if it's just for the night, it's disgusting I know. I'm disgusting' Cheryl's eyes were filled with tears.

Toni took a breath 'you're not disgusting Cheryl but I can't do this with you anymore, we've seen each other twice and both times have been a disaster. You were right about one thing though, we can't be friends and we can't be in each other's lives'.

'I understand Toni' Cheryl nodded as she sniffled before turning away.

Toni watched her walk away before pulling her phone from her pocket and calling Jacob, she didn't want to be alone tonight.

After she'd spoken to Jacob who said he'd be there in ten minutes she replied to a text message from Sweet Pea letting him know Cheryl should be on her way back to the apartment.