Chapter - IX

The Engagement day

Zuhayr was fixing his black tie of his suit, standing in front of the mirror in his walk in closet.

He was checking his attire that was selected by Riyaanah herself. It does suited him very well. He smiled remembering the first time he had seen her.

Flashback....

Dehradun

".....
Listen to me first. Don't overdo anything that will bring suspicions to anyone about you. Control your impulses, Zuhayr. We don't want any unwanted casualties like last time. Do you get it? ", it was his father instructing him from miles away. On contrary, he wasn't hyped up about it. He was calm and more chilled out.

" I get it, Abba. I have Amir with me. We have checked everything twice. Aap fikr na kare! ", he was in the hotel room. Sipping a glass of plain milk.

" I hope you have read all the details, Siddharth shared with you. "

" Yes. I have all bi-heart. Anything else? ", he wanted to hang up the call as soon as possible. His father was bugging him from last 45 minutes.

" Best of luck. Khuda Hafiz. "

" Thank you, Abba. Allah Hafiz. ", he hanged up the call.

He sighed deeply.

" Are you ready? ", Amir asked as he entered the room, they shared.

" Kya lagta hai tujhe? ", he was smirking.

" Like you were born for it. ", wagging his eye brows.

" That I was!!!! ", chuckling at the end.

He laughed as he remembered the events.
~~~

Afzal Sheikh had lost his father in an unknown circumstances. He lived with his father in Dehradun, while his mother lived in Islamabad, Pakistan. He didn't knew the reason behind his father's death, but his relatives consoled him to believe it was for the Allah's purpose. They had arranged his mother's return. And she was now living with him, and surprisingly she didn't looked distraught. He had made promise to himself, to work hard for his mother and late father, and he would make sure none would cross his path.

He was in grade 11 and had opted for science.

Today, he had a practical exam, for physics. And he was much prepared for it. He had performed al-fajr of the day.

He was now in his class with his friends, they were reciting the formulas.

Meanwhile,
Adm. Office

" Excuse me, madam. Can I meet the principal? ", Zuhayr asked the lady present in the administration office.

" May I know the purpose for your visiting and your names? ", she looked at Zuhayr and Amir while her hand rested on the telephone.

" My name is Rahul Malhotra and he is my assistant Samarth Desai. These is my identity card. We work in an insurance company. We have come here to meet one of your student, Afzal Sheikh. His father had signed certain schemes in our company, and on calling at his home, his mother said he was at school. And it's urgent, as we will be leaving for Mumbai at evening. ", Zuhayr concluded without having crease on his face.

Amir was loss at words, and hid the smile forming on his lips while biting his inner skin.

He is something for sure.

" Okay I would inform sister about this matter, and let you know what she says. You may wait outside, on the bench. ", she walked through the door that connected the administration office to the principal's cabin.