Chapter - I

Clouded by the layer of water and salts, was what she found right now.
Her earbuds were at their place, and the lyrics were twining with the thoughts that she had in her mind right now....
Yalan...by Serhat Durmus (ft. Ecem Telli)

She didn't wanted to inhale freshness that spring brought to her; she didn't wanted to talk with her father, that she always felt in companion with her mother in the surrounding lives; she neglected and ignored whom she considered her parents and parents by birth.
I hate you all, everything was a lie till now. Deception, was what I was living in.....
She whipped her face with now wet soaking handkerchief, which made her cheeks burn due to it's roughness.

The freshness that entered the windows of her room was suffocating her more and more. She didn't wanted to breathe nor die from suffocation. As the inhaling in the fresh air brought the cruel, past reality of herself that shed her low in her own eyes while the suffocation due to catching her breathe still brought her urge to breathe the surrounding misty air of fresh morning, laden with the scent of flowers which were growing in the garden tended by her mother. She was torn apart between, memories and anatomy; feelings and ethics; dreams and reality.
For the first time in her life, she wanted to bow down and admit her loss in the unwanted bloody promise made by her grandfather, that was going to become her fate.

Yes, Riyaanah Diwan, aged 26, a polite, obedient and cheerful Master of Diagnosis in Civil hospital of Dehradun, wanted to cut the lines of her life which kept her alive.

The prejudice that wasn't rooted by anyone, which was long uprooted and thrown out of her mind by herself, kicked in a day before. She found out that still she had a seedling intact. The prejudice was against Islam; knowing that her fate was of same kind, made her feel nauseous. The understanding of being equal by her parents and family at the tender age of prim, and the prestigious teachings of being one from her convent school was thrown out of the window of her head. Leaving only, sour thoughts on the imagination of her fate being a follower of islam, to whom she was promised by her grandfather, as a gesture of their deep friendship. Her grandfather was a retired colonel who served 35 years in Indian Army. And that's where he discovered a friend in Riyaanah's to-husband's grandfather, as they shared same profession.
She came to know about her marriage arrangement a day before at dinner with her family which included her parents, her younger brother- 24 years old, and her grandparents for now leaving her uncles, aunts and cousins that live in different cities away from Dehradun.

What she found was, she had to get married to grandson of her grandfather's friend.....

Zuhayr Ahmed Dar, a 28 aged business man or rather the owner of famous textile or clothing company - Libas, in Bhopal. He is a man of few word.

That was threw internet she found out; fellow didn't made much public appearances, not even in the award functions, parties, etc.,. No one knew what he does in his free time.
That's only what she knew about him.
A hazy information here and their.
She wanted to attempt suicide. She didn't knew what to expect or not. Her whole life she was kept in dark by her dear ones. Whenever she had any difficulty in her life she would stand still with her compassion and faith for eternal Lord Shiv, to whom she prayed and considered father. Her family lied to her, knowing her dreams for her own life partner. So, she didn't knew what to expect from him; she didn't wanted her hopes to reach high and shatter in the core of mother earth. The mother she felt who cared about her always, who feed her the sweet scent of flowers, danced with her in the whirling fresh air, sang with her in the droplets of rain, kissed her in the light of sunlight, and embraced her in the shine of moonlight making dead nights more calm and welcoming to her. She found her everywhere, passing the message that she would always have her back, to confide in, in the darkest of dark situations. Her own mother and grandmother would encourage her to have positive thoughts about the solace she would find in her future husband, and that would make her hopes high. This time she didn't wanted them to do so, as they were easily able to read her emotions like an open book.
Her eyes were red, and her smooth cheeks were burning from the tears of agony. She decided to take a bath, and be strong for her own self face everything with same compassion. Ignoring the unfolded Speaking tree, she had to read and the upside down kept novel on the side table of her bed. She would always find the bliss in reading, real or reel she didn't mind. The foul feeling embedded in her treatise didn't let her do and she tried to read before, but it didn't made any difference.
She had preserved herself in the four walls of her room, making herself isolated from her family. From the other day, she didn't believe in believing anyone.
Some questions had already arisen which her manas was constantly blabbering, restraining her from keeping herself calm. At once she thought to have sleeping pills, as it was hard to have a deep slumber without any sleep paralysis, but she decided against it.
After half an hour, she descended the stairs to the main hall and trying to gain attention of her grandfather....
" Dadu, kya hum bahar jaa sakte hai??? Sirf aap aur main to temple and for lunch.... ", she asked ignoring the fact that she was gaining the attention of her full family by now; she ignored them but in polite way keeping her eyes down and only meeting her grandfather's.
She wanted to invite her father too, but thought opposite, as she didn't wanted to show her weakness to him, that would make him weak too. She was always able to convey her feelings and thoughts to him on a particular reverie of her unstoppable manas, straight. This time it was different. She didn't wanted to make him unhappy or guilty and even didn't wanted to talk with Lord Shiv, much offended by the twists in her life, he had bombarded.
Her grandfather smiled at her,
" Okay...we will go, give me 10 minutes... ", he said glancing at his watch.
" Sure, I'll wait outside.... ", and she went out in the parking area of her 3 storey mansion, and sat in the driving seat of her Wagonr, waiting for her grandfather.
As said, he came and sat in the passenger seat on time. " Let's go. ", he said when he was comfortable and adjusted the seat belt.
Her grandfather had a very amused expression on his face, " I didn't thought you would be calm, by hearing about your marriage. But it seems you have accepted, therefore you are going to meet and would thank your father in heaven for this arrangement. ", he said with a little joy trickling down his words.