Chapter - VIII

Same day, 7:00 p.m.

Zuhayr and Riyaanah were on the way to Riyaanah's home.

The car ride was silent. None was speaking anything.

She had kept the pretence in front of elders. Acting as calm as an unhindered lake, with blue waters serene in its own way.

Zuhayr was well know with her behaviour. He knew her than anyone else in that villa before.

At the time of lunch, she would ask him for passing the bowl or other filled up utensil just to show that she is comfortable around him. And he would do as she had asked. Their wasn't any speck in their pretence for a doubt to arise in others.

Her mother in law was too innocent to read across their facade. She had bid her bye, resisting the urge to keep her with herself. She had grown very much on Riyaanah in a very less matter of time, like as she was her daughter. But why would not she, Riyaanah treated her like her own mother. They had clicked their own picture for the sake of premarital memory, including Hamida, Ashraf and Tarik.

They shed Riyaanah with the comfort zone in a different way, that she had always wished for, in her in laws.

Before meeting them she had a predestined image of her in laws, from the irksome stories of her cousin sisters and bhabhis (sister-in-law), which sowed a reluctant idea in her mind for tying a knot with someone. But her all doubts were cleared when she had met them for the first time. She would be ever grateful to Lord for blessing her with such soft and caring in laws, always.

Right now her mind wasn't stable, by the fact that Zuhayr was going to handle the Megha's situation. She wanted to ask him, but her self esteem denied her to even take a glance at him.

Riyaanah, didn't came out as disturbed as she was from inside.

Whilst, Zuhayr wasn't hindered by her behaviour towards him. He knew she would act like that. She was close to him yet far. And he needed to keep her close to himself. His love was too selfish to let her go, to unfold his truth, to unleash his all love. He wanted to consume her all. But his hands were cuffed by an unseen and unbreakable material.

Helplessness.

He was feeling suffocated to keep his other half hidden from her till now, despite of her becoming his in some days. His yearn for her love was not too high then to keep her safe.

Her scent kept him teasing in whole car ride till now. And not forgetting the experience of her skin the day before, which fueled the fire burning in him for the decade before. He surely wasn't teenage boy with erupting hormones but, he did wanted the matter in his hands to finish quick. He had waited for 12 years, keeping himself at the bay, with the persistence and patience his companions, towards her. He wanted to know her more then he knew. He wanted a normal relationship with his fiance, like every common man would. But, his Allah wanted him to run a maze, that would lead him to her, to normalcy at the end. And he did accepted that, but the path he chose to keep it hidden from her was wrenching her soul, that was the main reason he loathed. Today, seeing her cry was chopping his soul into pieces. And the reason that he made her like that, burnt him too.

Air conditioning in the car was low. Vents of a.c. at his knuckles was making him feel numb and nauseous. Putting a.c. off, he parked the car at the side of the main road. Road was sandwiched by the greens at both the sides. Sighing, he looked at her, she was facing opposite side, out in the woods. The need to converse with her was too intense. He had a fear inside. Had he killed her. Would she anytime become normal towards him.

Often, it's said, one incident in person's life can break him or even mend him.

And Zuhayr did had fear, of such kind.