Chapter 13

Emma got up from her chair. She didn't need to talk to Regina anymore. She'd completely had it with the girl and though she had to admit that part of her was curious as to why Regina suddenly was willing to quit the play, she didn't feel like asking her.

"Where are you going?" Regina asked as Emma was making her way to the door.

"Away. I'm in no mood for this conversation. I don't need you to like me and I don't need to like you."

"Okay.." Regina said and kept quiet. Emma did want to hear what else she had to say, but she tried to appear as nonchalant and uninterested as possible. "What are you going to tell Mrs. French?"

Emma shrugged. Frankly, she hadn't really thought about that. Mrs. French expected a conclusion, but Emma just wanted to leave. "That I can't work with you."

Regina sighed and Emma looked her in the eyes. She slowly stepped back, already feeling the doorknob. "I just told her I'm going to quit the play. Ivy made me realize I was acting immature and I tried to make up for it. Maybe we can work it out and still be in this play together? I'm sorry, Emma."

"Cool," Emma responded without emotion. "But I still don't want to do this with you."

"You're so self-centered," Regina said annoyed and Emma felt herself becoming even more agitated.

"What are you talking about? You've been rude to me for no fucking reason ever since I got here and I'm just totally done with it. With you. Everyone may adore you, Regina, but I do not. Learn to live with it, it's not that big a deal," Emma said loudly and turned the doorknob.

"You hated me for no reason in the beginning. I hadn't even spoken to you and you were already rolling your eyes at me."

"Like I've said tons of times, I disliked you because of a personal problem of mine. And apparently I was right to do so, because look at who you turned out to be. Absolutely fucking annoying," Emma said, her second curse word of the day. She couldn't help it, though. She was far too frustrated to care about such things.

Regina squinted her eyes and adjusted her position in her seat. "What personal problem?"

"Nothing you need to know. That's why it's personal." She turned around with those words and opened the door. Mrs. French was waiting in the hallway and looked hopeful at Emma.

"That was very fast. Did you two make a decision?" Mrs. French questioned, with her voice calm as ever.

"Yes, actually.."

"We're both going to continue with the play. We're sorry for any chaos we may have caught. It was just a misunderstanding between the two of us," Regina interrupted Emma and got up from her seat. Emma abruptly turned around and looked in utter confusion at the brunette.

"Really?" Mrs. French's voice was filled with excitement and happiness. Emma turned back to the woman and when she saw the expression on the woman's face, she couldn't say no. So, she briefly nodded, making Mrs. French clap her hands in ecstasy. "That is wonderful! Thank you both."

Emma cursed Regina in her head, but forced a smile for Mrs. French. "I'm.. I'm gonna go now," she said and walked out the classroom.

Mrs. French watched as Regina too left the classroom. The girl hadn't said anything, but she'd simply smiled at the teacher. Colette French smiled back and closed the door behind the student.

She organized her desk, but her mind kept going to Regina and Emma. She knew very well the students hadn't made up. The walls weren't that thick and though Emma was a good actor and a good liar, Colette had still been able to see the surprise on her face when Regina told her they wouldn't quit the play.