15. The Calm Before the Storm

Italics: The thoughts of the person speaking/ the current POV.

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: Descriptions, Exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

*3rd Person's POV*

*Somewhere in NERV HQ*

In a dark room, illuminated only by a central purple light. Commander Ikari sat in the center, surrounded by seven monoliths. All numbered, and labeled with a single word 'SEELE'. The seven began to converse between each other. 

SEELE 02: "Your attempted awakenening of Unit 1 ended in failure

SEELE 02: "Your attempted awakenening of Unit 1 ended in failure."

SEELE 05: "You deliberately went against the plan established."

SEELE 03: "Unit 0 and Unit 2 are destroyed, however this must not hinder our plans."

SEELE 05: "Then, we must be careful to awaken but not destroy Unit 1."

SEELE 04: "Unit-1 has obtained the Fruit of Life from the 11th Angel. "

SEELE 03: "Unit-1's acquisition of an S Engine, all that is needed is the Third Child to complete an Eva and bring it to a level of existence equal to Adam's."

SEELE 07: "Leave us..."

"...." Pausing for a moment, the Commander got up and walked out of the room. Leaving only the mysterious monoliths to talk amongst themselves.

SEELE 03: "It is unfortunate Ikari is acting against us."

SEELE 04: "Yes, even so he may still prove to be useful."

SEELE 06: "Therefore, we will have to take matters into our own hands."

SEELE 07: "Yes, if this is not done soon. Our plans run the risk of being affected by outside factors."

SEELE 04: "The beginning and the end are one in the same, the Human Instrumentality Project will bring about the birth of the next stage of existance."

Outside of the room, Commander Ikari met up with the Vice Commander. They continued down the dim hallway back to their office.

Fuyutsuki: "What could SEELE be planning?

Commander Ikari: "I don't know, but we must continue with our plans. How's Rei?

Fuyutsuki: "She's stable. Although she appears to have lost some of her memories.

Commander: "That's fine, as long as she'll cooperate, it matters not her mental state. We must hasten our plans, before SEELE can intterupt us anymore.