4. Not a Game

Thumbnail @LuCastroArt1

Italics: the thoughts of the person speaking/the current POV

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: descriptions, exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

*NERV HQ*

*EVA Induction Chamber*

*Y/n's POV*

"Alright Y/n, this will be the standard for engaging an Angel. Use the rifle to center in on the target, and pull the trigger."

Ritsuko: "Center in on the target and pull the trigger." Doing as she says, firing on the 4th Angel, till it collapses and explodes into a cloud of particles.

Ristuko: "Good, keep that up, we'll work on your aim for a while, till you can do it by feel. Be sure to aim for the core, it is their one weak spot. Destroying it is the only way we can physically eradicate an angel.."

Y/n: "Right" 

Ritsuko: "Yes, very Good Y/n, if you keep your nerves during the next battle, you'll have no problem

Ritsuko: "Yes, very Good Y/n, if you keep your nerves during the next battle, you'll have no problem."

Y/n: "S-sounds good." It's like they know another will come. Will they even look like the 4th again? I heard the previous Angel looks completely different. Apparently they managed to capture it, and are attempting some tests on it. Sounds brutal, I'm surprised that Europe and Russia actually managed to contain it, at a place called Bethany Base somewhere in the Arctic ocean. I suppose that it is a safe enough place, far enough from civilization. But they'll be left to their own devices should an emergency happen.

Ibuki: I'm surprised, I would've thought that after going berserk and getting injured, Y/n wouldn't want to pilot again."

Ritsuko: "I think he's just the type that will do what he's told. I guess that, until now, that's how he's gotten through life."

Misato stood behind them, putting on an annoyed face.

*Third Person POV*

Once the practice was over, Misato and Ritsuko were heading down to another part of the facility, by way of an indoor ski lift mechanism.

Ritsuko: "That reminds me, I heard that Y/n was hit by a classmate on his first day of school. Are you sure that our pilots have adequate security?"

Misato: "The intelligence department has them under constant surveillance. He was never really in any danger, although personally I'd like to have a word or two with those kids. I mean really, punching him for defeating an Angel? Even the SDF couldn't do squat to it... But, I really don't think we should be digging into his personal life like that, I'm sure that he has plenty of secrets he wants to hide." Both from us and himself...