2. Like that was Easy

Chapter thumbnail: "Sachiel" © deviantArt user Viking-Heart

Italics: The thoughts of the person speaking/ the current POV.

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: Descriptions, Exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

Y/n: "Alright fine, I'll be your stupid pilot!"

With that, Y/n's fate had been set in place. binding him to this city's.

*Inside NERV HQ*

*Command Center*

"Stage 3 cooldown is complete"

"Auxiliary voltage nominal"

"Terminal signal plug, ejecting now." "Ejection confirmed"

"Inserting entry plug"

"Releasing spinal cord systems"

"Psychological contamination levels are with the standard range:

"Holding at +02 to -05"

"Interior successfully entered"

"Interior check"

"Initiate primary contact"

Hearing all these checks and system runs, aren't helping to ease my feelings... Just the thought of letting that girl, shoulder all the burdens of the city, and fighting an Angel. Especially in her current state. It disgusts me, how could my father even attempt to do that, had I still refused, would she have been deployed? Would she have even be able to stay conscious while in combat?

"Now flooding entry plug" ....eh?

Y/n: "W-wait what is this!" I shouted as a red fluid quickly filled the cock pit. Instinctively I held my breath as I was forcefully submerged under.

Ritsuko: "Just relax, once your lung have been filled with LCL. It will allow your blood to be oxygenated directly. You'll get used to it"

If I drown I hope they fire you. Not being able to hold my breath for longer, I exhale and watch my last air bubbles float away behind me. My lungs... They don't feel right, I should be drowning. but I'm not losing consciousness, I instinctively want to try and breath but my chest is just moving up and down. Its not like I can really draw air from this liquid.