YOUR COLD BREATH ON MY NECK

"Damn!"

"When did they call me?"

"I didn't even hear a thing!"

I was pretty sure that they'd me mad at me at this point. I called back Katie assuming they both would be in the same place.

"Hello Katie"

"I just now saw the news!"

"Hey Abel, I gave you 20 missed calls and what took you so long to pick my phone?"

"I'm sorry!! I was in my living room and didn't hear the phone ring"

She sighed on the phone.

"Fine! You saw the news?"

"Yep! I did"

"Isn't it strange?"

"Yeah, it is"

"That's why I called to check if you've seen it too"

"We need to prove 'em that it's not a suicide"

"Yes Kate. We need to and we will!"

I exclaimed and hung up the call.

I felt better that we had some ways to prove that it wasn't a suicide.

I laid back feeling satisfied. Whenever I was on my bed, facing the ceiling, the picture of that lady pops in my mind unknowingly. I rubbed my palm and held it in my face to feel warm.

I intended to undo every mess. But in reality, I couldn't because it happened.

The pain killer was effective. My pain was reducing quite soon. I was overthinking everything that I fell asleep.

***

"PLEASE STOP IT!"

"I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE!"

"I DON'T LIKE IT"

The man looked blurry to me. He held me against him. He was trying to touch me. I tried to push him. But he seemed too strong. He slapped me to stay still and told me that it would last only for few minutes. The place I was in was completely abandoned.

***

I gasped and woke up breathing hardly. I was sweating all over my body.

I shrugged. I felt impure for no reasons. I stayed calm for a while. I realized that it was just a nightmare.

"The pain killers might have this kinda side effects I guess"

I muttered as I was walking out from my bed.

The floor was cold and it was night time. I slept too long.

I intended to clean myself physically and mentally. I grabbed my towel and went to bathroom.

I spotted an imprint of fingers on my arms and waist. It was too dark. It was in red colour. I was shocked to see it. The things that happened to me never seemed like a dream or a nightmare. I felt something in real. I felt trapped.

I guessed it was all that haunted lady. I shrugged down and cried. We should have never messed up with anything. I was facing all the deadly impacts. I believed that no one would believe me if I confess all these things.

I stood up and turned in my shower and wiped all my tears.

It was warm. I felt warm. But there was something disturbing my mind.

I wrapped me in towel and got out into my room. I shoved in some casuals making sure that the imprints get covered.

I sighed. I made my bed neat and grabbed my phone lying there. I decided to go out for a walk.