The Future

After 10 years have passed of sending letters to one another and a few video calls , Helga and Arnold are in love more than ever.
Through the letters mainly, Helga became more affectionate and nicer to Arnold.
She is also very honest with him and tells him all the times she schemed to get her way to be with him.
All of those things just made Arnold want Helga even more.
He felt so blind after missing the signs of Helga always loving him back in middle school.
Besides writing to Helga, he spent his time learning to make medicine from his parents, learning Spanish from the green eyed people, learning survival tips, journaling about his crazy adventures in the jungle, finding treasure, and all while attending college and receiving a degree in Psychology.
When left alone in a serene and beautiful area in the jungle, Arnold reads the poetry from the little pink book.
He has his own home in San Lorenzo with Abner, his pet pig, keeping him company and sometimes his parents and the green eyed people visiting him.
He adopted one little girl from poverty and named her "Phoebe" after hearing that Rhonda's family was arrested for their association with sex trafficking.
Phoebe did not survive her time captured.
Rhonda died one week after eating the cake of rat poison.
The crime was never linked to Arnold, but instead Phoebe.
Phoebe's parents called Helga and told her about their daughter's death.
Helga refused to eat for weeks and finally understood why Arnold didn't want her to go to Rhonda's house on that night.

Gerald is released from prison and had to move away from America to another country to feel safe.
He becomes a singer and would perform on boats, small festivals, and restaurants.
He has a hard time moving on from Phoebe and accepting her death.
Gerald and Arnold still talk to each other through video calls.

Lila dies from anorexia way after one week that Helga thought back in 9th grade and Eugene killed himself after feeling that he was a burden from his injuries. Nadine along with Sheena had committed suicide by drowning because they have been traumatized their entire lives-especially after the sex trafficking abuse and rape.

Helga went to college for literature and got a degree .
With Arnold being away and Phoebe's death, she ended up spending a month at a mental institution after a failed attempt of trying to hang herself, which Arnold was furious at Helga's attempt, but he sent her chocolate after her release.
When she was released, Helga started selling artwork on the side and would attend poetry shows.
She also enjoys her fair share of sports and loves attending football games, wrestling matches,  and baseball games.
Helga would still have her panic attacks , but her locket of Arnold would calm her down and she was to always attend extra sessions with Dr. Bliss.
Helga still lives with Miriam, who lets her do whatever she wants, but Helga dreams of getting her own house.
Money is tight for her as a small time journalist for a small news channel.
Helga spends most of her life alone and often cries because of being lonely.

But bad news has struck.
Arnold plans to stay in San Lorenzo a little longer in hope to receive a PhD in Psychology, but he receives a letter from Helga that she is dying from breasts cancer.

Arnold leaves San Lorenzo and returns to Hillwood to see Helga.
He drives a rented car to the hospital with his little daughter, Phoebe.
Helga is all alone for days in the hospital bed.
Her mother didn't visit her at all.

Arnold:
Stay outside the door, Phoebe.
If you're quiet enough, I'll give you a lollipop.

Little Phoebe:
Yay!

Arnold peeks his head out the door before showing his whole body in the doorway .
Helga looks very different to Arnold.
He can barely recognize her.
She is very skinny and pale.
She has some hair left, but she is mainly bald.
Under her eyes were dark.