Gone

Helga sees a note on Arnold's bed.
It is from him.
Helga reads the note.

Note:
Dear Helga, my precious angel, I am leaving with my family to San Lorenzo. I haven't been entirely honest with you. I am going to stay in San Lorenzo most likely for the rest of my life. My parents deemed Hillwood too dangerous for us to stay in.
I wish I have gotten to know you more behind that mask. Tonight I was able to see a little of that and I enjoy every moment with you.
Before I left my room with my belongings, you were still sleep, so I gave you a kiss and then left.
I have your pink book with me to remember your sweet words. I am sadden that we can no longer see each other again until we are adults... which is many years ahead.
Find another person to love and cherish. Don't waste your life waiting on me.
If you want, we can write to each other on certain days. I am truly sorry for not being honest with you. I couldn't bring myself to tell you the full truth.
I'll always love you, but we must move on.
Love, Arnold.

Helga skimmed through the note.
She quickly became heartbroken.
Many tears came rushing down her face.
Suddenly, Helga hears the sound of a car starting up outside.
She quickly runs out the boarding house and sees Arnold throwing his luggage in the trunk of old grandpa Phil's car, Miles is in the driver's seat, and Stella in the passenger seat.
There is also luggage on top of the car.

Helga:
Arnold!

Arnold turns around and sees Helga looking at him and crying.

Arnold:
Helga...

Helga:
No! I won't move on.
I'll never move on.
I'll always love you until the day I die.
I know that makes me a major simp, but I don't care!
I love you, Arnold.
Ever since our time in preschool.
There's no one else I rather want!
I want you.
I love you and only you!
And damn right I will write letters to you!
It'll be filled with poetry awaiting the day we meet again!
I love you, Arnold.
I love you, Arnold.
I love you, Arnold.
I love you.

Arnold begins to tear up.
His heart is beating while he and Helga stare at each other.
At that moment he knew that he really loves Helga and both of them craved more time with each other than ever before.
Arnold is speechless , but his face let's Helga know he absolutely loves her, too.

Stella :
Arnold! Let's go. We are going to miss our flight.

Miles:
Get in, son.

Arnold turns slowly to Stella and Miles, who are still sitting in the car.
He shakes his head "no".

Arnold:
No. I don't want to go to San Lorenzo. I want to stay here.

Arnold turns around back to Helga and run to her.
They hug each other and then look at one another in the eyes.
Arnold wipes Helga's tears.

My angel, I won't leave you.
I love you too much.

Miles and Stella look at each other.
They nod at one another as they know what they have to do.
Miles and Stella steps out the car and walk over to Helga and Arnold, who were still in each other's arms.
Miles and Stella forcefully breaks Helga and Arnold a part.
It becomes a battle as Helga screamed for Arnold.
Arnold tries grabbing Helga's hands, but he could not fully grasp them.
Helga puts up a fight against Miles until he had no other choice, but to throw her down on the ground.

Arnold:
NO! DON'T HURT HER.

Miles:
I'm not hurting her. She cannot come with us nor can you stay here!

Stella pushes Arnold inside the car in the backseat and slams the door in his face.

Stella:
Arnold, please, don't make this hard on us. We have to go. We have no time for this!

Miles run to the driver's seat and begins driving away.
Arnold looks back at Helga, who stands up, takes off her shoes, and runs after the car as fast as she can.
Arnold watches from the back seat in tears.
When the car is far enough and Helga is out of breath, she stops herself from running any more.
She drops to her knees and then eventually falls on her side, when she finally felt the knife in her heart.
She is torn into pieces as her lover is gone.

Helga is now all alone.

She stays lying on her side for hours with cars going around her body.
She secretly wished to get ran over.
When it became darker and the road no longer had cars appearing, it starts to rain.

And Helga just stayed.
She just stayed.