Sex ed

Helga and Arnold's eyes meet.

Helga:
Uh, yes, hello, Arnoldo.
I haven't seen you in awhile. None of us have.

Helga walks closer to everyone.

Arnold:
Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. I left without saying goodbye to anyone because it was unexpected and my parents didn't want me to bring my phone on the trip. I took pictures of everything we did in San Lorenzo using a camera. I have them all in my photo book. I'll take it out once we settle into class.

Gerald:
Settle into class? You're joining us in 9th grade here?

Arnold:
Yes, Gerald. I wanted to surprise you all and my parents are going to be waiting for me every time school is over.

Helga:
(In her mind)
He's joining us? That means he's going to be in our class just like the old days!
Those were the happiest days of our lives...
I'm happy that he's here after the long wait that tortured my soul, but at the same time...I don't want him here if I'm being honest.
This city becomes dangerous each year and it changed for the worse once he left.
Arnold, you're so friendly, sweet, charming, and naive. The way things are here will eat you alive...and it's my job to protect you even if it cost me my life.

Arnold:
Helga? Helga?

Helga comes back to reality.
The gang is looking at her.

Helga:
What? What is it, football head? Are you choosing to bother me all because I'm the only one who hasn't missed you?? I wish you stayed in San Lorenzo with your happy-go lucky parents. My life was much better without you here, bucko. Believe that. Let's go, Phoebe.

Helga walks up the stairs and into the school building.

Phoebe:
Sorry, Gerald, Arnold. Helga calls.

Phoebe frowns as she waves goodbye to Gerald and Arnold and rushes inside the school building.

Arnold has an annoyed look on his face.

Arnold:
So she's still the same.
We still have time before class begins, tell me about everything that happened while I was away.

Arnold says with a big smile on his face.

Gerald:
Well, first thing first is that me and Phoebe are dating and—

Patty:
And that's all he needs to know.

Arnold:
What? I'm happy for you Gerald, but I'm sure there's a lot more I've missed in two years. What field trips did you all go on? How is Mr. Simmons? Oh, where are the rest of our old classmates like Lila, Eugene, Curly, Stinky, Sid, and Harold?

Rhonda:
Lila, Sheena, and Eugene are inside. As for the others...

Patty:
He doesn't need to know what happened to the others!

Arnold:
Why can't I know? What's going on? They are my friends too.

Everyone looks at each other.
Gerald looks at the time on his phone.

Gerald:
Huh, would you look at the time?
I think we should start heading in.
Class is about to start. C'mon , Arnold.