Chapter 8

Back to Ian's POV

"Okay, first you need to sort of convince yourself, then you can convince them. If you believe that you're telling the truth, even just for the moment when you're telling the lie, then you won't look like you're lying." I instructed Seto. "Got it?"

"Yup!" Seto nodded. "Can I practice?" His eyes begged. 

"Okay, okay. How?" I didn't know how anyone would really practice lying, other than having a chance. 

"Well..." Seto thought out loud. "We can just say something to each other, and the other person try's to guess whether or not they're lying."

Seemed good. "Okay dude, let's do this." And we began.

Seto went first. He thought for a little bit before looking me straight in the eye, and stating. "I am over 300 years old." No signes of lieing showed on his face, and he is a sorcerer, so it may be true. "True." I guessed. 

"False! Do I really look that old?" Seto looked insulted. He stood up and looked down at me angrily. 'Wow, does this dude really get fired up that easily?' I backed away, scared. Now is not the time to speak. The furious sorcerer slowly stalked closer to me. 'I angered a sorcerer. Shhhhhavingcream.' A violet flame lit in Seto's hand, causing me to let out a little squeak of surprise. The man in front of me, who I thought was about to attack me, heard the squeak and burst into laughter. 'What the balls?' I thought, still to scared to speak, until the puzzle peices put themselves together and I finally understood the scene playing infront of me. He was just acting. 

"Holy cow Seto! I thought you were gonna kill me!" I breathed out, a smile creeping onto my face, soon to be fallowed by laughter.

After our mini laugh fest, Seto turned to me and asked, "Can we still practice?" 

I was shocked. "No way dude." He looked disappointed. "You don't need it Seto! You're already practicly pro! I have nothing to teach you." His face lighted back up at my compliment. "But we can still practice." He grinned.  

"You go first this time." Spoke an excited Seto as we sat back down on the floor. "And no more over reacting, Seto." I added strictly. He nodded, with a glint of disappointment in his eye, but still content. An idea sparked in my mind. "Wait, how about this time we make it a challange?" I offered, causing Seto to sit up straight, listening. I continued, "Okay, here it is. We act out a scenario, and the first one to crack up, lose character, or show any sign of lieing loses. Got it?" I smiled, proud of my idea and confident of me winning. Seto liked the idea, and wanted to pick the scenario, and I agreed. I thought I heard footsteps on the stairs, but I ingored it, probably nothing. "Okay, hmmm. Got it! We are both secret agents, sent here to find a hidden treasure!" Seto said enthusiasticly. I laughed. "That's awesome dude! You start!" 

"Special Agent Saturday, reporting in for an update on mission 129. Agent Sunday has infultraited the targets' base and has met with me." Seto began, straight faced and holding two fingers to his ear, as if he were pressing a button to contact the home base. I played along. "I have gained the trust of the targets, all is safe and secure. No sign of the Aether Jewl, but our search is continuing." My James Bond voice almost made Seto laugh and break character, but he kept going strong, winning the challenge in mind. He continued. "Targets remain clueless, and Agent Sunday is fitting in nicely. Cameras are secure, and Jewl is in mind at all times. I trust it will be found soon." Seto was doing amazingly, so I wanted to spice things up a little. "We have spotted some suspicious figures a couple houses down, and they may be part of the shadow gang." I smirked, and Seto raised an eyebrow, as if to question where I was going with this, but I continued. "Target #2 A.K.A Ty may have some suspicions. We may have to take him out." I finished, leaving Seto shocked, but impressed. He rapped it up. "Commander Brice, we will be back at base soon, Aether Jewl is in sights. Special Agent Saturday and Agent Sunday finishing update on mission 129, up and out." Seto nodded and removed his fingers from his ear, earning himself a high five. I swore I heard footsteps again, but this time faster and going up the stairs, but Seto spoke before I could, and the sound was soon forgotten.

"Dude, that was awesome. I felt like James Bond." He laughed. "And your voice almost made me crack!" 

"We have to do that again sometime dude!" My face was red from laughing so much. "We should probably go back upstairs soon though. They may be wondering what's taking us so long." 

"Yah, the last thing we want is suspicion." Seto walked out the door and began up the stairs, but I stopped him and called him back down. I had one more question.

"Um, Seto..." I started.

"Yes?"

"When you were talking to Brice, I heard something about Adam and his glasses. I've got to know, why does he wear glasses and an amulet all the time?" I asked nervously. Seto just smiled. 

"Some secrets are meant to be kept. Much like ours, yet very different. He will tell you when or if he wants you to know." And without another word, the sorcerer left the room and strode up the stairs. I followed close behind. When we arrived at the top, we started towards the living room where all the dudes were. What we saw, we were not exactly prepared for, in any way, what-so-ever.