Chapter 13

Jerome's POV 

"We need to find those spies." I told Mitch. We had been hunting for them for ages. "Biggums, we've checked every room really well. Let's just go back and rest." He complained. I gotta admit, that isn't really like him.

"Okay, but on 1 condition." 

"What?" 

"You need to tell me what's wrong." I needed to know now. 

"It's nothing, really." He spoke as he began to walk away. I chased after him.

"Mitch, you need to tell me what's up." I yelled. He stopped and turned to me with a sigh, allowing me to look back into his gorgeous eyes. 

"It's just, aurgh." He seemed frustrated. I laid a hand on his shoulder. "Biggums, you can tell me anything." I tried to sooth him. 

"I just can't believe Ian and Seto, after all this time, are spies!" There was venom sewn into his words. He was really upset. 

"Well, maybe they aren't." I suggested. 

"What do you mean, Biggums?" His head turned sideways like an adorable puppy. I couldn't help but grin now.

"I mean that maybe this is one big misunderstanding. Maybe they knew that Ty was listening in and tried to prank him." 

"Yes! That makes sense, almost." Mitch's joy flickered, then he continued. "Then why did they run when you said we knew their secret?"

"Because everyone has their secret, even me. I should have been more prescise when saying we knew their secret. They may both have a different secret." I shrugged. "Just a theory." 

Mitch seemed satisfied, until he looked back at me again, this time more upset. "Then how did they hide so FREAKING WELL?! We've been looking for hours, every square inch of this place, and NOTHING!" I could tell he wasn't mad at me, but more discouraged at the fact that they are better than him at hide and seek. 

"Well, maybe-" I was interuppted by yelling in the living room. Something was going down. I just had to give Mitch a glance and we knew what we had to do. We scooped up our weapons and ran down the hall towards the living room. Here we come. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seto's POV

Ian and I left the basement with our potions of convincing, scared for our lives, but as ready as we'll ever be. I looked at him when we reached the door at the top, and nodded. He responded in the same way. We had everything planned out, and potions had to be used secretly as a worst case scenerio back up emergency plan. They were hidden in our pockets, so that when we entered the room we would be empty handed. It was essential we looked as non-threatening as possible. 

The door opened slowly. As we left the basement stairs we were greeted by a group of shock faces. It was silent. "Hey, dudes." Ian spoke nervously, as if our friends were some sort of untamed beast we had to fight. Before any one else had a chance to speak, Sub leaped in front of Adam, as if to gaurd him, then slowly advanced on us. I tried to calm them down. "We don't want any trouble, this is just one big misunderstanding." I stated with my hands in front of me to show I was unarmed, and also to act as a sheild. This stance is also the best for casting defense spells. They all looked relieved by my words, except for Sub, who sprang into the air and was about to land on Ian, when I did something I would regret. I cast a sheilding spell between them, causing Sub to be caught mid-air by my magic. Sub looked terrified out of his mind, and looked at me like I had looked at him not even a minute ago. He didn't move.