Chapter 32

Y/n's POV

"Wait, you guys are dating?" Bokuto asks in a shock voice as he dramatically points at me and daichi who was sitting on the bench talking.

"Please lower your voice down, bokuto." Akaashi calmly tells his captain, but only to be ignored.

Bokuto almost runs up to us, immediately cutting our conversation in the middle of daichi saying 'I'm sorry' for so many times that I can count.

"You're so perfect for each other!" Bokuto squeled, but not too loud this time maybe he was afraid of getting akaashi to scold him again.

"Thank you bokuto-san." Daichi replies, with a small smile.

It was not long after akaashi forced to drag bokuto away from us, leaving me and daichi to talk to ourselves.

It was silent, the sound of balls dropping to the ground only can be heard between the both of us. The players were rather practicing or the others just helping out to prepare the net and every other volleyball stuff.

It was kinda awkward, both of us not really knowing what to say or when to start.

"Y/n."

"Daichi." We said both our names in Union.

We both turned to each other, staring into each other's eyes before laughing at our silliness. It was nice to finally have him back again, so nice to finally share a laugh with him. He was always the only man that can make me feel this way.

"I missed your laugh." He says, looking at me the way he looked at me when we first met.

I felt my stomach swarming with butterflies as I blushed and looked away, my eyes accidentally stopping on a familiar one, kuroo. He was looking at me with a gaze that I can't read, he caught my gaze in his immediately looking away as he turns to kenma.

I shake it off, looking back at daichi who was still looking at me with a smile I could always go home to.

"You always flatter me, daichi." I replied back with the same smile he had, earning only a chuckle from him before he starts to look around, and then looks at me again.

"I would love to chat with you a little longer, but I still have to take care of the team." Daichi excuses before standing up with a apologetic look, I stood up as well.

"It's okay, I'll see you later?" I replied to him, he smiles at me one more before nodding. Giving me a last quick hug before walking away with a wave.

I sighed, finally turning my feet around as I continued my journey to find where the managers are, which I may add I was supposed to do an hour ago.

Time skip

After some time I finally spotted a bunch of girls in different uniform from different school outside the gym building, I nervously walked up to them.

A unfamiliar girl saw me, excusing herself from the people she was talking to and started to walk towards me with a welcoming smile.

"Hello! Are you L/n-san? Coach nekomata told me about their temporary manager." She says with a cheerful voice.

I only nodded, feeling kind of comfortable at her cheerful aura. And also respecting her for not questioning my lack of response.

"Well! I'm Kaori, fukurodani's manager." She introduces herself, before pointing at a light haired girl who was also giving me a small smile, "And that is Yukie, also a manager from furukodani."

"Nice to meet you." I finally said before bowing at them.

They did the same.

"I can't believe it! Nekoma finally has a manager." A girl who wasn't introduced yet says.

"That's mako otaki, the manager of shinzen high." Kaori introduces, I smiled at mako's way.

"Hello." I greeted in a low voice.

The girls were pretty nice to me, telling me what to do and not to do. They were really calm and fun to be with, sharing mostly my laughs with them as they non stop gossip about some bad habits the boys in there team had.

For example bokuto, Kaori said he had a habit of talking to himself in his sleep. She also had a album full of recordings of it, that was really funny.

Suddenly we all stopped our movements and turned around after we heard some footsteps.

"Shimizu! This is L/n, nekoma's temporary manager." Kaori tells the really pretty girl with glasses who had water bottles in both hands.

"Nice to meet you, I'm shimizu the manager of karasuno." She introduces before giving me a small smile, I smiled back.

Karasuno, I should sometimes ask her about daichi, but you know that's not the reason I'm going to try to be close with her. First of all she looks really really nice and pretty, I want to be friends with all of them actually, and I sure do not regret my decision because I got to spend the rest of the day with these kind of people

"Nice to meet you, shimizu-san." I greeted back.

"Work with managing the team's will be a little easier this time." Mako says with a sigh of relief.

"I know, I'm glad you agreed to do this L/n-san." Shimizu tells me.

"Look at you all getting along together." A voice says behind us.

We all turned around in Union, seeing coach nekomata with Coach takeyuki. We all greeted the elders.

"I sadly have to interrupt your girl tall, but I have to inform you of the practice match starting." Coach nekomata tells us.

"We'll be going now, coach!" Kaori says, and all the other girls agrees with her.

Coach nekomata and coach takeyuki nods before going back inside the gym.

"Let's go girls!" Kaori says to all of us.

"Do you know what to do?" Shimizu comes up and asks me.

"No, besides re-filling the water bottles and handling towels." I said, earning a quick chuckle from Shimizu.

She was really nice, and the fact that she knows daichi and I assume she's close with him is kind of making me feel kind of comfortable around her.

"I'll help you with all of the things, daichi non stopped asking for a favor." She says, before we all started walking inside the gym with cooler and towels in our hands, "Which was helping you with all the things since you were new."

My heart warmed at what she said, daichi really told Shimizu to help me because he knew I did not know anything about being a manager, and that made me feel so great inside to have someone care about you that way.

"Thank you for helping me Shimizu-san, I hope daichi isn't causing you trouble in the team." I said back which earned a chuckle from Shimizu-san as we entered the gym and head towards the benches.

I felt a pair of eyes watching me but I shrugged it off.

"Oh no he isn't, the team mostly cause the trouble, daichi is the one to scold them about it." Shimizu says with a snort, "And let me tell you, daichi is scary when mad."

I bet he is.