Chapter 3

Kuroo's POV

"Are you okay kuroo?" Yamamoto asks as he takes a seat beside me on the bench after finishing our warm up. "You look like you're about to kill a person."

I scoff at his statement, I didn't know why I was in a pissy mood to be honest. After L/n talking back at me like that makes me want to assert my dominance to her more.

She can't just say that to me like I'm a piece of crap, she needs to learn who's the boss here.

Seeing her with the opposing team isn't helping also.

Having her smile like that to sawamura is making me feel some type of way... Not a good one.

"Earth to kuroo." Yaku says as he waves his hand in front of me.

"What?" I ask.

"The match is starting." He informs me.

Great, I'm zoning out now.

I nodded at him before standing up, looking up to the bleachers as I met eyes with L/n. Smirking at her, wanting to show her I'm going to beat the team she supports.

I felt kind of happy that she was here, even though it's so hard to admit and I'll definitely die other than admitting it. I just want to show her I'm not just smart.

She looks away, I look away also. Jogging to the court as I look at the other side of the net.

Seeing sawamura looking at something with a soft smile on his stupid face. I scoff, what could he possibly be smiling at?

I decided to look at what he was looking at, just curious.

Frowning as I see Y/n looking back at him with the same smile, I felt my hand clenching into a fist on it's own.

I wanted to get that stupid smile on her face, it's annoying, so annoying.

Snapping out of my thoughts when the whistle blew, I'm gonna beat him.

Time skip

I wore a proud smile, why? We won.

But it's not really an official match, but it is a match either way. I'm not going to admit it but I was really trying hard but just a little.

I sighed, grabbing the water bottle as I drank the water, a towel around my neck as I looked at the spot L/n was at earlier.

But I found it empty.

I started to look around, spotting my eyes on a H/c girl walking over to daichi with a small smile.

Is it bad that I want her to smile at me like that?

In the middle of the match

Y/n's POV

I looked at sawamura-san, amazed. So amazed at how fast his reflexes were, how the players had fast reflex. But sawamura, he was different in some way.

I should be worrying about studying, but I was caught on the interest to watch sawamura-san play. I was genuinely into it.

I was invested that I didn't even feel shame to show it.

Who knew volleyball could be this interesting? But somehow, kurooster is also good at volleyball. I hate to admit it but I am amazed quite a bit.

You don't often see a smart person being athleti----

----Did I just call him smart?

After the match

I smiled, walking over to sawamura-san who was already giving me a small smile back in return. His sweaty figure was something I could look at every hour of the day.

Despite their lost it was really not a big deal since all that matters to me is how they handled the match, that was amazing to me. Daichi being able to receive the ball like that was so amazing.

"That was really cool sawamura-san." I complimented as I gave him a thumbs up.

He smiled back.

"Thank you L/n-san, having you watching boosted my confidence quite a bit." He says.

I smiled, not noticing the blush creeping up to my cheek.

"Look at our captain~" Tanaka says in a cooing voice with nishinoya beside him giving sawamura a smug smirk.

"Sorry L/n-san, but I need to borrow daichi really quick. Coach needs him." Sugawara who daichi introduces already says, giving me a soft smile giving him the same smile as he places his hand around daichi's shoulders and dragging him to their coach.

"C'mere lover boy." Sugawara says, messing up with sawamuras's hair as I chuckled.

"Oi." A harsh voice calls out.

Damn you. Can I live a day without him ruining it? It's really getting annoying.

Turning around with a bored look as I was met by a glaring kuroo, it's not like I'm surprised. He places his hand on both sides of his hip.

"Captain!" A guy who had a blonde Mohawk suddenly approaches kuroo and eyes me up and down.

"Oh wow." He says.

I freeze, feeling a bit uncomfortable by the gazes.

"Stop it." Kuroo barks at his teammate.

"Sorry, geez. No need to bite my head for staring at your girl." He says, putting his hands up in surrender.

I scoff at the word 'your girl', I'm no one's girl. And will certainly not be his.

"She's not my girl, she'll never will be." He says while looking straight at me.

I scoff at my mind, as if I want to be yours.

"You are L/n right?" The Mohawk kid asks.

I nodded in reply.

"So you're the smart chick that our captain won't stop talking ab----

----Yamamoto 15 laps. Now." Kuroo says in a very serious tone.

Yamamoto groans.

"I was just bein---

---I'll make it 20 if you say another word." Kuroo cuts him off again.

Yamamoto cuts his whining and proceeds to go out the gym.

Never knew kurooster can be that serious. It was amusing to watch I got to admit it.

Kuroo finally turns to me, having this thick tension kind of staring with kurooster is a little bit intimidating. But I'd rather drop dead than admit that in front of him.

"Make sure to study well princess, don't want to be embarrassed of me getting a higher score than you right?" He says a smirk at the end of his sentence.

I roll my eyes at him.

"Make sure to clean your mouth pretty boy, you're already embarassing of how much sh*t you're letting out." With that being said I turn around. Hearing him in silent I smiled in victory.

I smiled even brighter when I saw sawamura coming towards me.

I don't know what I feel, it's just been hours since we met but.. He makes me feel so safe.

I don't want to assume that it's not love at first sight, that isn't real. I'll only say that I manage to like sawamura-san in a very fast way.

"I'd love to walk you home and get to know you more, but we have to go back. And I don't really know the neighborhood well." He says with a chuckle as he scratches the back of his neck.

"How about I ask for your number?"