Secret Kiss

You're combing Lila's hair, much to her annoyance. You were sat on the sofa with your legs crossed, while Lila slouches in front of you as she tries to edge herself away.

When she inches lower once again, you sigh and slap her on the head.

"Li!" You groan, patience growing thin, "stop being a nuisance and stay still!"

"You're hurting me! Why can't mom do it, she doesn't hurt. Ow!"

You scratch your head with the handle of the comb, your other hand keeping Lila pinned down.

"Well if you'd stop wiggling like a bloody worm, it'd get done sooner, wouldn't it."

"Having fun in here?"

You and Lila both look up to see Maria Hill leaning against your front door.

"Auntie Maria!" The two of you yell in union. You go to get up quickly, but Lila beats you to it. She goes to charge but you grab the back of her shirt and yank her back, throwing her onto the sofa. You're the first one to hug Maria, grunting when Lila forces you to move so she can hug Maria too.

"I take it I've been missed." Maria says with a smirk.

"Why are you here?" Lila asks.

"Did you hear about the team?" You ask.

"That's none of your business and yes, the whole world did."

"Are you here to see dad and Auntie Nat?" Lila asks. Maria nods.

"Do you know where they are?"

"My dad's in the kitchen. I dunno where Nat is actually." You tell Maria as you begin to walk through the lounge.

"Er, what the hell is that?" Maria says and when you look back, you see she is looking at the rat cage.

"That," you tell her, "is a long story,"

You lead Maria into the kitchen, Lila walking behind, where a few bodies are congregated.

Everyone stops talking and turn their eyes to you. No, not you, they're looking a couple inches above your head. They're looking at Maria.

"Well I'll be," Clint says.

"Maria Hill." Steve adds, "this is a surprise."

"I'm afraid it's business. Where's Romanoff?"

Your heart rate spikes. You've hardly ever heard Maria call Natasha by her last name - apart from when she's clearly in a joking mood - but this, you know Natasha's in a whole load of trouble.

"Last I checked she was helping put Nathaniel down for a nap with Laura." Clint tells her. "She in a lot of trouble?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"Just keep the violence out of Nathaniel's nursery, please."

Maria salutes him, "Will do."

When she leaves the room, you all watch her leave.

"I feel like I need to go and call my insurance company." Clint mutters before sipping his coffee.

Five minutes later and your mom makes an appearance, looking absolutely marvelous in her dishevelled look with a not so subtle hint of baby sick. Your dad puts his arm around her and kisses her head, nose wrinkling a little when the smell hits him, but he says nothing. To him, his wife and your mother, looks gorgeous.

You spot Lila as she tries to blend in the with the adults and their conversation, nodding a little too enthusiastically to a comment Pietro makes. You point at her and motion her over.