Referee

You were in the kitchen, chopping an onion when you heard a loud bang from upstairs. It nearly caused the knife blade to slice through you entire finger but it luckily only managed to slice it slightly. You hissed in pain as you grabbed a tea towel to cover your now bleeding wound before charging upstairs. The closer you got, the louder the screams became.

"What the hell?" You muttered as you threw open Cooper's door. To see him and Lila scuffing on the floor, Lila trying her hardest to get a good punch in. "For God sake. Lila! Cooper! Stop it!"

You dive into the room and drag your enraged sister off of your brother, eyeing his broken leg nervously.

"Get off me!" Lila screamed as she tried her hardest to wiggle free from your arms. But you held her strong.

"Coop, you okay?" You asked. He shook his head.

"She dove on me! My leg is already broken, idiot!" Cooper spat.

"I hate you!" Lila screamed. She squeezed tightly on your knife wound and managed to free herself; quickly sprinting out of Cooper's room and disappearing into her own. You sighed and kneeled next to your brother.

"Get off," he whined.

"Stop it, I need to look at your leg." You sighed. "Stop wriggling!"

You weren't sure what you were looking for as you inspected his leg.

"Is it still broken?" He asked sarcastically.

"Believe it or not, yes it is." You held your hand out. "Let's get you up."

You manged to hoist him up and back onto his computer chair.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" You asked him.

"If you think I started that, I didn't." Cooper told you.

"I'll go and talk to Lila then." You said. "Sure your leg is okay?"

"Yeah it's fine." Cooper replied. You ruffled his hair before leaving his room and shutting the door behind you. When you reached Lila's room, you knocked and slowly entered to see her brushing her Barbie doll's hair with a tiny pink hairbrush.

"Hey," you said from her doorway.

"Hi." Lila replied.

"Watcha doing?"

"Brushing her hair. She's going to have a hair cut today I think."

"Awesome." You replied as you made your way into her room, being careful not to step on any of her things as you did. Sitting down on her bed, you watched her for a couple of minutes before clearing your throat.

"C'mere." You said as you patted your knee.

Lila looked up at you and then did as she was told, hopping up on to your lap and nestled her head into the crook of your neck.

"Are you going to tell me off?" She asked with a tiny voice.

You sighed.

"I'm not sure. Wanna tell me what happened? Becuase I've seen the two of you fighting before and that was something different."

"He's winding me up!" Lila said. "Tapping his stupid leg against the wall while I was trying to play and when I said to him to stop it, he didn't!"

"So you pushed him off his chair and started to try and punch him?" You asked.

She shrugged. "He's a Jackass."

You gawped down at her.

"Where did you learn that?"