Chapter 43

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

3rd POV

"Scott help me with this," Derek demanded, pulling the tape off of his abdomen that connected to the electric shock device Kate had been using on me for the longer part of the night. All he needed to be free was to get the iron chain off of his wrist and with the amount of energy he'd exerted, he wasn't able to do it himself.

"No."

Derek paused in disbelief, his green eyes flabbergasted. They didn't have much time and Scott wasn't thinking rationally. What?"

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter," He bribed, stepping further and further away.

"You wanna talk about this right now?"

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them. He already went after Layla and Lydia. They almost died."

Derek's fingers twitched at the thought of Layla being dead, she was the only trustworthy family he had left and she hated him after he'd sided with Peter. "The Argents can take care of themselves."

"Tell me how to stop him."

"You can't!" Derek roughly shook at his chained arm trying uselessly to get free. "I don't know when Kate is coming back so just get me out of these chains. Right now."

"Promise you'll help me," Scott spoke sternly.

"You want me to risk my life for your girlfriend?" Derek snapped, his teeth gritting against each other. "For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing. Your not in love Scott. You're sixteen years old, you're a child."

Derek told him, wishing that back then someone would've told him that. Maybe his family wouldn't be dead if they told him that what he'd felt with Kate Argent all those years ago was just lust. It was a teenage boy getting laid by a woman older than him.

"Maybe your right." Scott confessed, but the better part of him believed that him and Allison would be more than that. "I know something you don't. Peter said he didn't know what he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied." Scott unfolded a piece of paper and showed it to him. "Remember this?" He asked, showing me the photo of the dead deer with the spiral engraved into his body.

The symbol of vendetta.

A symbol of revenge.

"This is what brought your sister back to Beacon Hills, right?" The teen wolf questioned, still holding the piece of paper up.

"Where did you get that?"

"My boss told me a few months ago that someone came in to clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you want to know who it was?" Derek stayed silent so he could continue. "Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here, so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha and that's why your going to help me."

With the newfound information, came rage. Derek's fist clenched and he resisted against the iron chains with a newfound strength.

Scott turned away, walking towards the exit. "Just say you'll help me and I'll help you unlock your other—"

Derek ripped the chain off, a large chunk of the cement wall breaking off with it and he rubbed the bruised wrist that already started to heal. "I'll help you."

---

Jackson's POV

"Hey, where are you going?" I wondered aloud, chasing Stiles down the hall.

He turned back for a split second. "To find Scott."

"You don't even have a car." I stated.

"I'm aware of that, thank you." He snapped back, not turning to look at me.

The following actions surprised Stiles, and it surprised me too. "I'll drive."

I grabbed his shoulder, but he shoved it off and finally looked at me in the eye. "Just because you feel sorry all of a sudden doesn't make it okay. Half of this is still your fault."

I knew what he was saying was true. If I hadn't have cheated on Layla then she wouldn't have went looking for me because we'd be in the school dancing together. Lydia, maybe she would've still gotten hurt, but I wouldn't have really cared because Layla would've been okay. "I have a car. You don't. Do you want my help or not?"

"Why are you helping me?"

"It's not for you." I reply. "I still haven't gotten what I want."

Stiles rolled his eyes at me, barely holding back a sarcastic comment. "Did you bring the Porsche?"

"Yeah," I reluctantly say, wondering the relevance of the question.

I pulled out my keys anyway and dangled them in front of us for proof. "Good, I'll drive."

We turned to leave but we were stopped my Mr. Argent. "Boys. I was wondering if you could tell me where Scott McCall is?" He questioned with a smug smirk on his face.The who guys behind him looked stone cold and alert.

"Scott McCall? Um, haven't seen him since the dance." Stiles smoothly lied, gaining a nod from Chris. "Jackson, you?"

Chris turned to look at me, but my words stumbled on eachother. "I—"

Stiles let out a annoyed sigh. "For the love of God."

"Lets try this again. Where is Scott McCall?"

Chris grabbed Stiles and slammed him into the wall,much like the sheriff did to me earlier. "Let me ask you a question, Stiles. Have you ever seen a rabid dog."

"No, I could put it on my To-Do List of you just let me go"

"Well, I have and the only thing I have ever been able to compare to it to is seeing a friend of mine turn a full moon. Do you want to know what happened to him?"

"Not really. No offense to your storytelling skills," He sardonically responded, hiding his dead towards the hunter surprisingly well.

"He tried to kill me and I was forced to put a bullet in his head." Chris spoke, poking his finger on Stiles' forehead. "The whole time that he laid there dying. He was still trying to claw his way toward me. Still trying to kill me, like it was the most important thing he could do with his last breath. Can you imagine that?"

"No, and it sounds like you need to be a little bit more selective—"

Chris slammed his hand on the closet behind Stiles, effectively shutting him up. "Did Scott try to kill you the first night of the full moon? Did you have to lock him up?"

"Yeah I did. I had to handcuff him to a radiator, why? Would you prefer if I locked him in a basement and burned the whole house down around him?" Stiles fumed back, tears welling in his eyes, most likely because of the fear.

Chris pulled back and pressed a tight fist to his lips. "I hate to dispel the rumor Stiles, but we never did that."

"Derek said you guys have a code. I guess no one ever breaks it."

"Never."

"What if someone does?" He retorted, determined to get his piece of information into Chris. I was silently standing back, taking in the scene before me.

"Someone like who?"

"Your sister. Kate."