Chapter 30

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

Stiles' POV

I opened the door to Scott's house, walking in with the large bag of chains that were nearly spilling out of the top. "Scott?" Ms. McCall shouted from the kitchen, the sound of her tennis shoes squeaking on the hardwood floors as she walked to the living room.

"Stiles," I sheepishly replied.

She pointed down to my hand in confusion. "Key."

"Yeah, I had one made."

"That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but doesn't surprise me."

I dropped the black bag on the ground, the loud sound of metal on metal attracting the curious it's of the nurse that was about to leave for her night shift at the hospital. "What is that?"

"School project," I lied instinctively, I'd have to make a mental note of that one.

"Mmm, Stiles. He's okay, right?"

"Who, Scott? Yeah, he's fine. But not after tonight."

She ignored me and kept talking. "He just doesn't talk to me, not much anymore like he used to." She sadly spoke, looking at the ground.

I felt bad, she's worried about him, and Scott's worried about hurting her. "Well he's had a bit of a rough week."

"Yeah, yeah I get it. Just be careful tonight."

"You too," I replied while she fished for her keys in her purse.

"Full moon." Melissa nonchalantly spoke, the keys rustling together as she found them, holding the one designated for her car between her fingers, keeping the other ones quiet in the palm of her hand. 

"What?"

Used to my spastic behavior, she ignored my jumpiness, walking past me. "It's a full moon tonight. You should see how the ER gets, it brings out all the nut jobs."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, right."

"You know, it's actually where they came up with the word lunatic." McCall opened the front door and left, leaving me dumbfounded that she knew that much about the full moon.

I ran upstairs and opened Scott's door, it was pitch black and when I turned on the light he was just sitting in the chair, staring at me.

"Oh my god! Dude, you scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home yet." I dropped the bag on the ground.

"I came in through the window."

"Okay, well let's get this set up. I want you to see what I bought."

"I'm fine. I'm just going to lock the door and go to bed early tonight."

I stared at him from the doorway, taking caution steps toward him. He was lethal and the full moon made him turn into all sorts of crazy. "You sure about that, because you got this serial killer look going on in your eyes and I'm hoping it's the full moon."

"I'm fine. You should go now."

I stared at his heater vent, thinking of ways to try to tame a werewolf. "Okay I'll leave then, but would you just at least look in the bag and see what I bought. You know maybe you'll use it maybe you don't. Sound good?"

Scott got up and crouched down and looked into the bag and saw picked up a handful of the chains. "You think I'm gonna let you, chain me up like a dog?" He set them back down, an amused grin on his face.

"Actually no." I grabbed the handcuffs and hooked them on his hand and on the radiator.

"What the hell are you doing!"

"Protecting you from yourself, and getting some payback for you kissing Layla." I walked downstairs and got some water, and a doggie bowl with Scott's name written on it in red sharpie marker.

"I got you come water." I placed the doggie bowl by Scott and he threw it back at me.

"I'm gonna kill you!"

"You kissed her Scott. Okay! You kissed Layla, that's like the one girl that I've ever—" I stopped to rub my head, the short hairs prickling against my hands. "You know, in the past three hours I've been thinking it's probably just the full moon. You know he doesn't even know he's doing. Tomorrow he'll be totally back to normal, he probably won't even remember what a complete dumbass he's been. A son of a bitch, freaking unbelievable, piece of crap friend."

"She kissed me."

I stopped ranting and stared at Scott in shock. "What?"

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me." He was lying through his teeth, I'd seen the cameras from Finstock's office. I needed all of the evidence before I walked in here and accused my best friend of something that he wouldn't ever do.

I walked out of the room, not wanting him to see my tears. Being a werewolf had changed him and not for the better.

"She would've been a lot more too. You should've seen her, she had her hands all over me she would've done anything I wanted. Anything!" He shouted. I could hear him straining against the handcuffs. "Stiles please let me out. It's the full moon I swear, you know wouldn't do any of this on purpose. Please, just let me out. It's starting to hurt. It's not like the first time, it's the full moon. It's Allison breaking up with me, I know that is not just taking a break, she broke up with me. It's killing me. I feel completely hopeless, just please let me out."

"I can't." I meekly replied, leaning against the wall, my elbows resting on my knees while my hands covered over my ears trying to block out the desperate pleas coming from Scott's room.

Then it just stopped.

"Scott are you okay? Scott?" I opened the door to see the cuffs broken and a small blood trail leading outside.

I drove to the preserve to find my dad but when I went to look for him he wasn't there. "Dad? Dad?" I grabbed someone's shoulder. "Has anyone seen my dad?" The guy shrugged and I looked back to see a body bag and a bloody hand hanging out.

I was silently praying that it wasn't him. Right when I was going to pull the cover off, I heard. "Stiles what are you doing?"

I turned and saw him right there dressed in his uniform, living and breathing. I pulled him in a tight hug. He seemed hesitant to hug me back but I didn't care, he wasn't dead and I wasn't alone.

That's all that mattered.

I can't loose both my parents. I just can't.