Chapter 36

| Revised Chapter |

| Revised Chapter |

3rd POV

Layla drove to the school, happy with her performance. She ran through the doors and searched through all of the cheering guys. Her face was still holding onto the makeup she'd gotten done from her dance and her hair was stiff with hairspray at he top of her head.

"Scott!" She yelled, slightly out of breath when she found the guy she was looking for. He was talking to Allison and she ran over to both. "Oh my God, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting, but if your going to kiss. Better hurry up, Papa Argents on his way."

Soon, Allison left and Jackson came out of the locker room to see Layla happily chatting with Scott, who was watching Allison leave. "I made it Scott, I'm leaving to go to the next event in like a month, but I made it," The brunette cheered in excitement. "And judging by how happy everybody looks you guys won the game tonight." She spoke earning a nod from the teen wolf.

"Well isn't that heartbreaking," Jackson mused, referring to Scott watching Allison leave. Layla turned and stood comfortably beside Scott, not seeming fazed by Jackson's presence. "Gosh, I bet that causes a lot of sleepless nights."

"You would know," Scott retorted glancing at the girl beside him. He heard Jackson's heart speed up, and grinned at smack he received from Layla.

"You know what though McCall, I actually sympathize. Which is why I'm going to make this mutually beneficial. You give me what I want, and I'll help you get her back." Jackson consented, making Layla scoff.

"What?" Layla interjected, not liking how out of the loop she felt.

"McCall here has three days to get me that bite. Just enough time for winter formal. Think about it, you taking her instead of me, and also think about all the things you'd ever do to get to see her in some tight little dress by the end of the night. See how this could work out for everybody?" The boy bribed, eager to get what he needed. "Three days McCall." He tapped Scott's cheek and walked away. "Have fun!"

All he wanted was to get his title back, that's all he ever wanted was his spotlight.

--

Scott walked out of the showers to see Layla laying on the bench, looking very content with watching all of the shirtless guys who were going in and out of the showers. "Layla! What are you doing in the boys locker room?"

"Scooby, I've dated Jackson Whittemore officially for at last four years. This is not the first time I've been in the boys locker room." The girl informed then unlocked her phone to play a game.

"McCall," Danny interrupted, a towel hung loosely at his hips while his top remained bare. "Apology accepted," Danny interrupted, making Layla look up at the two teens in confusion.

"I didn't apologize." She looked over to Danny.

Danny grabbed his shirt and put his arm through. "Every time you got the ball tonight, you passed it to me," He grinned, his dimples present.

Layla looked back at Scott for his response.
"Every time I passed the ball to you, you scored," She repeated the process and looked at her gay friend, who was unbelievably fit.

Always the gay ones that are hot.

He hoisted his bag on his shoulder, now fully clothed. "Apology accepted."

Scott returned to his locker and grabbed his spray on deodorant, shaking the bottle up when the lights blacked out.

Layla stood closer to the towel clad boy. "Danny?" Her voice rang out in the locker room only to be met with silence.

Scott walked over to the light switch and flicked it on, but it didn't change. It was still dark. A lacrosse ball rolled from the shower area, and the teenage girl grabbed Scott's arm.

"Oh, it's just Derek," Layla sighed not seeing a face, but remembering the trick they used to train Scott.

"Let me make sure," He walked over into the showers to see that it was indeed Derek. "Thank God, where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?"

Scott turned when he heard his friend gasp from behind him. A fully healed Peter Hale stood there with a lacrosse stick in his hand. "I really don't get lacrosse."

"It's you." Scott whispered in astonishment, finally knowing who the alpha—his alpha is.

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that Lacrosse comes from a Native American tribes. They played it to resolve conflict," Peter twirled the stick around in his hands thoughtfully. "I've got some conflict of my own to resolve Scott." Peter examined Layla who was standing beside his beta.
"But I need your help to do it," He finished, still gazing at the girl who was shooting daggers at her older brother.

"I'm not helping you kill people," Scott informed his alpha.

He shrugged like the subject of murder to him was nothing, which didn't surprise anyone in the least. "I'm not killing all of them," Peter confessed like it made the plan better. Layla scowled at his words, drawing Peter's attention. "And she is?"

"I'm Layla Davis, and who might you be?" The girl demanded, the confidence radiating off of her in waves.

"Wow, you've grown. I'm Peter, but you can call me uncle."

The young girl smirked at another member of her biological family. "I'll stick with Peter, thanks."

He chuckled at her sass, and continued speaking to his beta. "By the way, we won't be killing them all. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include—"

Peter looked at Derek for help with the rest. "Allison," He offered, looking at the boy, looking at anything other than the angry gaze of his younger sister that he'd grown oddly attached to.

"You're on his side?" She shook her head at him in disappointment. "And to think I was convinced that I had a family member I could trust," The jab alone made Derek flinch. "Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?"

"It was a mistake," Derek gruffly replied, making Layla laugh loudly.

"No, putting salt instead of sugar in a cake is a mistake. Wearing orange and blue is a mistake. Killing someone, is not a mistake. If that's what you think a mistake is, then Kate burning my biological family alive was just a mistake." Layla spat out, earning a growl from Peter. "Go back to burying your bone Fido." She snapped at the older man.

Awestruck by Layla's dominant tone, Peter stopped and Layla turned around, and began to walk away from the males, becoming sick of their presence.

"Layla where are you going?" Derek wondered, wishing he didn't ask when he got a response.

"As far away from you as I can get."