Epilogue

Lincoln

Fuck. This was not good. Ava just left my apartment in a hurry and I was standing there in the doorway, my eyes fixed with a blank stare at the empty hall she had vacated through. I couldn’t wrap my head around what had happened. What I said. Shit. Did I really tell her that it was none of her business? Of course it fucking was. She was my girlfriend. To be honest, I couldn’t believe how she managed to go this long without pushing me sooner.

            Shaking my head at my fucking stupidity, I walked back into my apartment and slammed the door in anger. The hinges rattled by the force but I didn’t take notice. My body slumped onto the couch in the same spot I had preoccupied and I grabbed the bottle of Bourbon, gulping down a long sip, not bothering with the glass. I welcomed the burn in my throat and the sting in the back of my eyes.

            Damn. Some of the things Ava said had really tugged at my heart. “Call me when you feel like I’m worthy of knowing what you’re hiding from me.” She was more than fucking worthy. Almost four months and I was already hopelessly in love with the girl. How could she not think she was worthy? It’s because you made her feel like she isn’t, asshole. Groaning, I fisted my hand into my hair. I needed to fix this and fast.

            The things I was keeping from her weren’t something anyone—let alone the sweetest girl I know—would want to hear. If I told her, it could make or break our relationship. But not telling her would do the same. I needed to unleash the demon’s hiding inside me. I needed to spill my ugly fucking guts and tell her what kind of person I really was. Would she hate me? Would she think I was a bigger devil than her ex or would she tell me she loves me regardless? I didn’t know and I wouldn’t blame her if she ran.

Things had gotten pretty fucked up with me and my family once my mother had died. I couldn’t lose Ava. She was the best thing that had happened to me in years and I’d be damned if I ever let that go. Now I knew why Damian went through the trouble to go after her. She was one in a fucking billion and no one on the planet deserved her good heart. But I needed it, I craved it and now, I would never live without it.

Telling Ava my shit was a risk I was willing to take because not telling her…well that would probably be the bigger mistake out of the two options. To say that this would test how much Ava felt for me would be an understatement. God, I just pray she hears me out before running.

---Explanation on why I ended it on the next part. Please vote, share and follow me for updates. Also, don't forget to comment on your thoughts about this ending. Thank you for reading! XO---