Chapter 4- Rowdy

Content warning: language 

*This is an extra long chapter, so prepare yoself friends!

You and your friend finally wrapped up your conversation, and joined the rest of the house to the main living area. You had noticed there were a few more faces than when you originally arrived, feeling anxious that you might make of a fool of yourself simply because you had a habit of stuttering and mixing up your words whenever you became nervous. Nevertheless, you liked the person you had grown to be, so if you embarrassed yourself, it wouldn't totally be the end of the world. 

"Oh yeah before I forget... did you pick up some hooch by any chance?" your friend asked you, with a smile on his face. 

"My friend... who do you take me for? A scatterbrain? Haha, just kidding!" you softly giggled, trying to be playful as you slid your backpack off, unzipping it and reaching for the two bottles inside, passing one over. 

"You're honestly the best, thank you so much "(Y/n)" let me know how much I owe you and I'll make sure to pay you back tomorrow." 

"No worries at all, sounds good to me, pal!" you replied, with a light smile over your lips. 

You both walked over to a large table in the middle of the living room, filled with different snacks from chips to veggies to fruit, different kinds of large soda bottles for drink mix, a neat stack of solo cups, small paper plates, and napkins- all the basics you would hope to find at a get together. Reaching for two solo cups, you handed one to your friend, placing yours down in front of you as you poured yourself your first drink of the night. With a quick 'Cheers' as you tapped your red solo cup to your friends, you began to drink. 

The night was nerve racking at first, but you quickly broke down your threshold of nervousness by putting yourself out there and talking to people first. As more people arrived at the party, you began to recognize some people you had gone to school with; this is made it so much easier because it gave you a common ground to discuss and talk about, which was always "what have you been up to these days" or "are you going to school?" or your least personal favourite "where do you work now?" every question seemed kind of boring, you were looking for a real conversation, or at least some sort of fun activity. However, the more drinks you consumed, the more you began to loosen up. You just wanted to have some fun after all. 

You checked the time on your phone, it was now 9:47 pm. With the house filling up more, your friend and his roommates decided to open the backyard up to start a campfire, and to let people venture outside so the house wasn't so crammed. Besides, it was still warm outside, so you were beyond excited to migrate in the back. However, your backpack began to bother your shoulders, so you wanted to ditch your bag in your car before continuing the night. Do you walk outside with a huge bottle of vodka though? Do you carry it around like no big deal? 
After contemplation, you went to the kitchen, clearing room at the back of the fridge and placing the bottle inside. You were super thrilled you came up with this idea, knowing your drinks for the rest of the night would taste and feel refreshing. 

Now that that is settled, you headed outside to your car. It was completely dark outside, the houses nearby and the street lights had lit the pavement ahead. You stopped for a moment, looking up at the closest street light to you. You saw a spider creating a web, the artificial light illuminating the silk the spider had spun. A breeze rolled by, as you looked at the road, seeing shadows of the leaves, the light was refracted from their presence, casting a warm tone on the ground. You took a deep breath, in complete awe of this moment. Everything felt so beautiful, and you couldn't help but feel so grateful to be alive. 

A voice had interrupted your silence, breaking up your train of thought. 

"Aw, leaving so soon? That's a bummer. You should stay a little while longer, come have some fun inside." a young man said, not knowing who the heck he was.