A game of Tag!

(No POV)
.
Age: 11. Type: 1. Answer each question within 10 seconds. When you hear the tone, begin. *BEEP*
.
The electric testing tablets spoke within the kids' headphones. All the children were taking their daily tests. The clock was ticking, as all everyone were glued to their test tablet, trying to finish each question. And get perfect scores. Ray, Emma, and (y/n) were focussing very intensely, making sure not to get any wrong.
.
.
.
*BEEP*
.
The testing was over before anyone knew it. Gilda sighed in relief as she laid back in he desk chair, soon falling forward, as her head made contact with the now turned off tablet. "Well. I think I got at least half." She sighed. "That many? Wow!" One of the kids spoke up. "I'm jealous. I didn't get most of the questions.." Conny sadly giggled.

"Okay quite down everyone. These are the results." Mama said holding a clipboard. "Norman, (y/n), Ray, Emma." She said looking up at at the room of kids, "Perfect scores again! Fantastic I'm so proud." She beamed. "Yay!" Emma threw her arms up in the air, celebrating the moment. As (y/n) laid back in their chair smiling with their arms folded. Everyone looked to the back of the room, where the fantastic four sat. They all began rambling on how great the four were at practically anything.

"None of us can even come close to those four." One of the kids piped up. "Norman is a genius. He has the best brain he's smarter than all of us combined!" He added on. Ray blew on his bangs, as an attempt to get them out of his face; as the kid made a point to him, and Emma. "And then there's Ray and Emma. Ray can solve any problem he's faced with. And Emma learns really fast so she can keep up with them easily."

He paused for a second. "And even crazier, y/n is incredible at analyzing a situation. They can figure out any code! Not to mention how creative they can be." (That was for all you fellow artists love y'all! <3) Everyone was murmuring on how amazing these four were. Making Don slightly jealous. He tapped his arm and puffed his cheeks out in frustration. He had enough. He jumped up out of his seat, angrily turning to Norman. "Norman!" Norman looked at him, easing an eyebrow. "I'm challenging you to tag!" Don pointed to him. Norman smiled agreeing to this so-called challenge.
.
.
.

(Y/n's POV)
.
As we were all outside, kids ran and hid so Norman could start looking for them. I'd stay with Ray like usual. Norman looked over to me and Ray as we were reading (f/b) under a large oak tree. We both looked up at Norman as Ray took a watch out of his pocket looking at it. He looked back at Norman, and that was his cue to start seeking, before we knew it. He was gone.
.
(Ray's POV)
.
I was sitting with (y/n) like usual. We were reading (f/b). As we were reading, a (f/c) butterfly came down and landed on the bridge of (y/n)'s nose.
I looked at (y/n) as they laughed because the butterfly's stick legs ticked their face.. I didn't realize it at first, but I felt warmth creep on my face.
They always seem to do something to make my face flustered. I truly care about them. They make me happy. It's amazing how they have a smile and attitude that could make anyone happy. Even me when I'm mad, or sad.
.
.
.
(Norman's POv)
.
I walked into the woods, looking for everyone. I was always quick to find them. I looked in the distance, and saw most of the kids attempting to hide. I snuck up behind Nat and tapped him on the shoulder. Which caused him to scream. As well as the others.
.
.
.

(Don's POV)
.
"Come get us Norman! We'll out run you this time for sure! Right, Conny?" I turned to look at Conny, with my hands on my hips. She smiled. "Don, thanks for always being there to help me!" she said. "No need to thank me!" I stuck my head up and jogged back over to her, kneeling down to her level.
"I'll always help you. Anytime, anywhere you need!" I suddenly covered my mouth. Hearing bushes rustle. I turned around and saw footprints. "Jugging by these..." I smiled "you let your guard down Norman!" I then jumped and turned around and let out a surprised gasp "GAH!" Norman was in front of me, he smiled knowing he won again. "No Don, you did." He walked over to me "I tell you this every time, "your weakness is that you make a judgement to quickly, and lose your cool" he tagged me and ran away. I sighed.
.
.
As me and Conny got back, everyone was there. "What the heck? He got practically everyone!" I exclaimed. "That happens when Norman's IT!" I heard Nat shrug. "There's only one survivor left!" Anna looked over at Gilda "yeah! Emma's still going!"
.
(No ones POV)
.
Ray and (y/n) looked at each other for a moment, probably guessing what Norman was gonna do.
.
.
.
As Emma was running through the tall woodsy area, she looked over to her left seeing her blue eyed friend looking at her she smiled and so did he. Emma started running faster, to get in front of Norman. As she did, she leaped over a ditch, onto the other side leaving Norman to stop at the edge, smiling.
.
.
.

.
(Emma's POV)
.
After I jumped across the cliff,
I found a large tall tree to climb up and use the branches to hide in. Moments later, I looked down and saw Norman walk out from a clearing. I smiled. He was walking, he then tripped over a branch, or an exposed tree root. He fell on his face and grunted. I jumped down, worried for him "Norman!" I ran over, kneeling down to him. "Just pretending," he turned to face me "WHAA?" I let out a gasp. "You had me worried about you!" I said as he sat up "Emma, your weakness is that your to gullible. He put a hand on my shoulder.
.
.
.
(No POV)
.
"I can't believe he caught me again! Why do I keep losing? It's so frustrating!" Emma said as she clung to (y/n) "Emma it's okay! He always finds you last." (Y/n) said patting Emma's head. (I decide to change it for a cute friend moment <3) "Listen," Ray began, "What's Norman good at that you're not?" He questioned the ginger. "Uh, planning ahead? Staying calm? I guess he's also really good at being smart." Emma said closing her eyes. "Emma, your smart too!" (Y/n) remarked. "I rank lower than Ray (y/n)!" Emma whined.
.
(Ray POV)
.
"OI! IS THAT AN INSULT?!" I fumed. (Y/n), and Emma burst out laughing "St-Stop-" (y/n) wheezed "I c-cant- look at his face! They suddenly grabbed my face. From the sudden contact, I blushed. Then they starting pinching my cheeks. "He looks so a-angry!" they continued to laugh. After they calmed down, they apologized for laughing. I scoffed and said it was alright. "And Emma, your wrong. You lack strategy."
.
.
A/N: Hi Kinoko here. I hope you like the story so far! Make sure you eat and drink something as well as get a full night's sleep! <3
(Edited: 5/14/22)