Number Five

There is strength in madness. It means you do not limit yourself to the possibilities of what is acceptable, even if at times, you do not believe in your success as well.

Number Five

The cliff! They just passed by the warning sign. They were really heading for the cliff!

Abcidee wanted to punch her companion and shake some sense into his obviously empty head. As it was, her control was at its limit, and it had plenty to do with the gut-wrenching, roller coaster ride she's having. The intensity of her glare could have scorched the skin off his devilishly handsome face. He's lucky she wasn't blessed with laser beams as her eyes.

"Step on the brakes!" she screamed. "Stop this car!"

Krad caught her hand before she pulled the hand brake. "Are you planning to kill us? The car will flip!"

"You crazy bastard! You are the one trying to kill us! I thought you’re bringing me to my dad alive. Oh my god! Stop this car this instant!"

Krad was unnaturally strong, she realized, when all it took for him to keep her in place was a single arm. He wasn't buff like the two men who took her from Denver, but his arm muscles were compact and solid. She couldn't even budge his arm an inch. It was like she was fighting against a bar of steel.

"Let me out of here!" she yelled, her anger causing her eyes to form tears, "Please! I'll rather be captured again --"

"You don't know what the Light has in mind for you," Krad growled.

"And I didn't come with you to commit double suicide!" She gritted her teeth. Never had she felt this much desire to throttle a man. "Let. Me. Out. Now."

A smirk formed on his thin lips. The nerve of the man! He was clearly enjoying this!

"You didn't come with me," he pointed out with a mischievous grin. "I forced you to come with me. I think there's a huge difference between those two."

Before she could bite his arm -- what he was sure she would do -- a whistling sound broke through his concentration, and it snapped him back to his senses. She gave out a girlish squeal of fright when he dangerously maneuvered the car out of the road. Still going at more than a hundred miles per hour, the car was nearly tossed to the side. The rugged, patchy ground shook their brains like maracas as they bounced inside the car.

"What are you doing?!" she cried, her arms gripping her seat in a vise-like hold. Her cheek was pressed against the head support, her eyes wide with alarm. "Aren't we even going to make it to the cliff? Do you want to die that badly?"

He pulled back his right arm and blindly searched under his seat for something. "So little trust in me, huh?"

"I do not trust you."

Another whistling sound came, and this time, Krad wasn't fast enough to avoid it. The glass around them shattered into fragments, stinging their skins with tiny crisscrossing cuts. Fortunately, the bullet merely grazed his right shoulder.

"That," he snarled, angry at himself for getting distracted, "is what I was trying to avoid."

Her eyes widened at the sight. The blood was quickly spreading though his sleeves. "You're bleeding!"

Trust her to state the obvious. Her gaze flew back to their pursuers. "Can't we get any faster? They're behind us."

Of course, they are behind us. "Weren't you telling me to stop just a few seconds ago?"