Nine

The green eyes widen and he steps closer to you, reaching for your face. You startle and hit his arm, Rosinante stands in his way.

-Don't touch her. -he hisses and pulls out his gun, aiming it at the Warlord.

-Bold of you to assume I don't have enough Haki to protect myself, even without a weapon. -says the black-haired man calmly. You start shaking under the weight of his gaze that hasn't changed a bit in the last nine years.

-Bold of you to assume I can't use Haki. -answers Rosinante, locking the pistol.

Mihawk lifts his hands to the air but he isn't afraid. His eyes are still resting on your face, you fight to have enough air.

-I won't attack you, but if you take a hostile step, you are dead. -he says to the blonde who grits his teeth.

Neither of you is weak, but he is on another level.

-[Y/N], I have to talk with you.

-I have nothing to talk with you about. -you answer silently and the blonde looks at you worriedly. You take his hand and shake your head a bit so he lowers his weapon. The world feels lighter when you turn around.

Mihawk doesn't say a word as the two of you go to the barrier of the ship, but then he talks and the time almost freezes around you.

-Your father found the serum that can complete his plan with you.

Rosinante stops and you feel his grip tightening around your fingers. Your eyes widen, endless hollow opens in your heart.

I don't have time.

I don't have any time.

You start trembling and fall back a little. Corazon frowns for a second before he crouches opposite you and gives a sweet kiss on your forehead.

-[Y/N], you have to stay with me. -he whispers, stroking your face. -It's okay.

-It's not okay. -steps Mihawk closer.

Rosinante throws a so angry gaze at him that even the Warlord shuts up. Then he turns back to you and places your left hand over his chest.

Your thoughts orbit like crazy, but you manage to calm down as he tells you to regulate your breath, following his. The wide chest moving up and down, you slowly regain consciousness.

The only one in the world who can help you.

-So she still has surges. -whispers Mihawk and your hand twitches.

-You left me. -you say, turning to him. -I told you... everything about me! About my past. Those two years were all when I received care in my life until meeting this man, and you left me without saying goodbye. You went to the HQ and never came back again.

As Rosinante hears it a slow tear leaves his eye.

-I did it to protect you. -answers Mihawk calmly.

You hate him for staying calm. You hate yourself for hating him.

You just hate that he seems so emotionless all the time, while his help meant your life back then.

-You have to listen to me! -he shouts suddenly and you throw away all your feelings as the mist of your mind appears.

-I don't have to. -you growl and catch the barrier to jump down, but-

-We should listen to him, [Y/N]. -says Rosinante. You look in the deep amber eyes and shiver.

Eyes you can't say no to.

Not like it matters what he wants to say.

-Be quick. -you look at Mihawk. A slight smile of relief spreads on his lips for a second.