Eleven

You smile at him and nestle to his chest, huddling yourself up so he can hug you even more. The red lips leave a kiss on your forehead with enough care to make you shiver.

-Everything can only be truly dear to you if they are ephemeral? -you ask back, closing your eyes, drawing patterns on his skin with your fingers.

-If they last for a teeny piece of time, they will mean more. The things we always have, will always value less.

You silently nod, enjoying as he strokes your back.

Your whole mind filled with love, a feeling that would be hard to describe. It's the feeling of being perfectly complete, finding an emotion that perfectly mends all the hollows of the human soul.

-I would value you the same way forever. -you murmur. He chuckles softly, kissing your cheek again. Suddenly the fatigue of this day and the battle hits you, and he feels it.

-You can sleep if you need, [Y/N]. -he whispers to your ear, throwing a little wood to the fireplace.

-You will too?

-First I want to be sure your dream is calm. -answers Rosinante and you leave a slow kiss on his lips.

I can't express what I feel, but I can try.

He keeps you there for a few more seconds before you lay back to his body, resting your face in the crook of his neck.

His arms are the safest place you have ever been in.

-Whenever I close my eyes, I see you smiling. -he mutters to your ear and you shiver. -It's so beautiful.

You look at him, resting your chin over his chest.

-But the real one is even more beautiful. -he says and you smile, making him laugh.

The starlight palely enters through the window, the fire slowly dies out. But neither of you care, feeling the warmth of the other.

-Rosinante.

-Mhm.

-Do you think you will see my smile always, no matter where we are? -you ask and he nods, pulling you closer.

-Forever. -he whispers, the amber eyes gleaming softly.

A bit cheesy, but maybe this is what I need now.

You place a kiss at his sharp jawline and fall asleep with this one word orbiting in your mind.

Forever.

.

.

.

Morning

You wake up when the rays of sunshine reach your face. You yawn and sit up, realizing that you are wrapped into the huge coat protectively.

You giggle and hide your face in it, inhaling his scent. The black feathers tickle your skin gently.

-Good morning, [Y/N]. -Corazon smiles, stirring something in a pan. You sniff, trying to figure out what it is. He lighted up the fire again. Surprisingly, without burning up the whole house in the process. The flames dance playfully, embracing his figure with bright, warm colors.

-Good morning. -you answer, stretching yourself a bit before walking closer to him.

You don't even notice the little flowers growing from your footsteps. You don't use your power on purpose, they bloom because you see him.

He made you believe that they are worth existing. Tiny, ephemeral, beautiful things.

Rosinante smiles at the wee plants but doesn't point them out. You find a place by his side and hide in the coat again.