Four

-Who?!

-Mihawk. Gloomy man, very tall. -you answer calmly, warming your hand with the fire. You glance at Rosinante. -Not as tall as you, of course.

-The greatest swordsman?!

-I don't know about that. -you answer. -I haven't seen him in the last nine years.

-But then-

-Yes, I was a child. -you whisper. -That was the time when I escaped from the CP0.

-Escaped?

-I killed everyone on my ship. -you smile, tears flowing on your face. Corazon frowns completely. -I didn't want more pain. So I killed them. Killed them all.

Your face darkens but he grabs your hand before another surge could begin.

-[Y/N]. -he calls your name silently. -Calm down.

Your gaze becomes clear again and you shiver. Your eyes slowly travel to his kind face.

-Sorry. -you whisper.

-Don't say sorry.

Rosinante lours at your face and comes closer to you. Waldy hisses at him angrily but you stop the red cat before clawing.

Corazon stays sitting for a few seconds, thinking about something.

-We're going to the town. -he smiles suddenly and you turn pale. His bright features make a strange tug at your heart.

-But I still don't have my foot. -you protest, pulling the kitten to your chest.

-I will carry you. -he laughs and picks you up, whirling you in the air.

What happened to him?!

Durchdenwald falls out of your embrace and starts running around his legs aggressively.

Is he trying to draw away my thoughts?

Rosinante finally stops and pulls you to his body into a warm hug. Your breath stops and you carefully hug him back.

-You... -you start, searching for words with a slight blush spreading on your face.

-Do you feel better now? -he asks. You can't see his face, just nod and bury your face to the black feathers of his coat. -The past is in the past. You mustn't let it poison your present, [Y/N]!

-But what do you want-

-You healed my body at death's door. And I will heal your soul in exchange.

You shiver and laugh.

He didn't ask it. He stated.

-You know nothing about me.

-But I know how to find you. -he smiles, taking you on his left hand.

-Me?

-The real you, who is not hurt.

And as your eyes widen he trips over Waldy and clumsily falls on the ground with you in his arms.

.

.

.

(...)

-It feels warmer. -you say, walking by his side using a wooden crutch.

The sunshine seems brighter too. Everything does, somehow.

-This is the last day of winter, [Y/N]. -says Rosinante, but then gives a worried look at you. -Don't you want me to carry Waldy? You shouldn't strain yourself.