Three

When you wake up he's nowhere to be seen. You jump up, leaning against the wall to stay on your foot.

-Rosin-

You push your palm to your mouth to shut up.

He's not my friend. He has nothing to do with me.

His coat disappeared too, the fire is almost out. You shiver and put some wood on it.

No wonder he left.

It will be the best this way.

I hope you will find Law. And I'll wait here for your brother.

We have an agreement after all. I can't break it.

I don't even want to...

But why couldn't I reveal it to you? If you had heard about it, you would have run away earlier.

Maybe I wasn't ready.

What if you tried to stop me?

No, [Y/N].

Don't think. It's over now and he's on his way to help that child.

This will be the best for them.

For me. And for this world.

You blow the fire for a few minutes until it's shining brightly again.

The sun isn't up yet.

You continue healing your wound little by little.

I always hated this.

Building myself back as you would tie a ruined doll's parts together. It makes me feel like I'm not even a human anymore.

I shouldn't be surprised that others don't see me like one either.

.

.

.

This is when you hear a loud shout and crazy meowing from the outside.

You lift your arm ready to protect yourself, but the door bursts open and somebody falls inside.

A very tall, blonde man fighting a serious, hopeless battle with the beast of the night.

Or in a nutshell-

Rosinante trying to hold a cat.

So many things happen in a few seconds after this.

He comes mucker and the huge red-furred kitten flies through the air, right to your lap.

You scream when it accidentally claws your thighs as it hurries away.

-CATCH IT! -screams Rosinante, throwing himself through the room. But the cat just hisses at him and runs over his back, making black feathers fly around the place.

You come round and deflate your arm. A branch grows out of the wall and grabs the kitten in the middle of the air. It gets pissed, meowing at Corazon with raw anger.

The man sits up, the red hat falls off his head, freeing his wavy locks.

-Thanks. -he smiles at you brightly and you can't help but smile back.

Rosi turns to the cat.

-Pspspss, com'on Durchdenwald, pspspsss-

-Durchdenwald?!

-I named him. -answers Corazon happily, reaching for the cat. -Do you like it?

It claws his palm and you start laughing. -No wonder it hurts you if you call him like this.