Five

Rosinante's kiss and touch are gentle and careful, his left hand goes to your waist and he pulls you closer to his body. You smile against his lips.

The orchestra starts playing the next song that he prepared so Corazon leans back.

-Why did you do this? -he asks.

-I wanted to be brave.

Rosi laughs and kisses your temple tenderly.

-You are.

-Sorry for it.

-You shouldn't. -he blushes and smiles again, warming your heart. -Tonight, we won't say sorry for anything. Let's be the fairies that the little girl wanted.

You frown and look at his face. Rosinante takes your hand and strokes your skin, you shiver from his kind touch.

He's like an angel.

-The song starts in seconds. -he says. -Get ready, I will help you.

-But-

-No but. What kind of fairy wouldn't join them? -smiles Corazon and starts to sing.

You watch his moving lips, hear as the deep voice sounds with the townsmen's. It's perfectly balanced, never too loud or too silent.

And after a few lines, you start singing for the first time in your life. You're scared of your voice, almost whispering the melody, but Rosinante caresses your hand and pulls you to his side.

Soon, you get braver, reading the lyrics from his beautiful letters on the paper.

You feel so happy that your guilt loses against it for now.

Why not be someone else just for one night?

I don't have much time to live, but maybe I met him to have it perfect.

Corazon smiles brightly when he sees that you are singing too. He hugs you tightly and you breathe in his scent.

-You have a wonderful voice. -he says and you turn red again, watching the lights of the square reflecting in his amber eyes.

-You too. -you answer and smile.

As the next part of the song starts, you finally let your voice out completely, letting it join to his. You imagine it like two rays of color dancing in the air as two birds from a forest.

A green and a red.

.

.

.

A few hours later

Even back in the little house, you can't stop smiling. The strange feeling doesn't disappear from your chest and gets stronger every time you look at him.

Rosinante lights up the fire but it's not that cold anymore. Spring comes fast on this island. You're stroking Waldy's red head with one hand and building your foot with the other.

Sometimes you make a mistake and a drop of blood falls on the floor by your side.

Since it's covered with your ability as you work, flowers bloom from it as you feel like in your heart.

Rosi looks there and smiles, making you blush. Neither of you talked about the kiss since it happened.

-They're beautiful. This room will turn into a meadow at this rate. -he says, but then his eyes widen. -I mean I don't want you to bleed or anything just-

-I understand. Thank you.

-For what?

-For telling that they are pretty. -you smile, stroking a little plant. -Most of my life, I heard that these flowers are just the evidence of my failure.