Chp.36

Bro this guy at the party I went to seriously tried to fucking drug me. Ljke bitch I'm not that fucking dumb

—————————-
{third POV}

"Tanjiro are you ok? Can I come in?" Akaza called, knocking repeatedly on the boy's bedroom door.

Tanjiro grumbled and sank further into the darkness of his duvet, squeezing fluffy in his arms whole curling into a ball.

Akaza knocked again "please come out Tanjiro. You've been in there for two days, I'm sure you are hungry" Akaza prompted, pressing his forehead dejectedly on the wood.

Cramps knotted Tanjiro's stomach as he slowly starved himself in the darkness of his room, never speaking a word to anyone or opening the door.

Even Muichiro had come to try and lure him out the room but he had also failed.

Tanjiro peaked his head out from the blankets and grabbed some seeds he collected the other day and held them out in his palm; just in time for a certain shimmering humming bird to land and start scoffing the seeds.

Sunny stayed in Tanjiro's room but even she never gained a response from the boy when she would chirp a little sentence.

Once Sunny had finished eating, Tanjiro sank back under his blanket and waited till Akaza's knocking relinquished.

"Alright... I'll leave Tanjiro. There's some of my blood outside if you would like it" Akaza mumbled, gently pacing down a little dish filled with the crimson liquid beside the door and walking off.

Tanjiro waited till he could no longer smell Akaza nearby and slowly got up from the bed, keeping his duvet wrapped around himself as he slowly opened the door and looked at the dish of blood.

{Tanjiro POV}

Why am I so different from everyone else...

Why can't I eat humans just like everyone else.

It's not like I want to hurt humans anyways, so I guess it might be a positive in some ways.

I looked at the dish of blood through squinted eyes, my stomach growling loudly as the smell wafted to my nose.

I scoffed and kicked it away, sending the blood spilling across the floor as the dish crashed on the other side of the hall with a bang.

Stupid.

I growled and slammed my door shut, sinking back into the darkness of my room and grabbing fluffy harshly.

I looked at the teddy's black glass eyes, it's worn out matted green fur and long floppy ears.

I held fluffy tightly as a sudden pain rang through my whole body, searing through my chest and tearing at my throat as if barbed wire was emerging from my stomach.

Growling I felt my claws sharpen, piercing the fabric around Fluffy's neck as my jaw started to ache as my teeth grew.

I tried to force the pain away but I stopped resisting.

I deserved this pain.

I deserved the agony that came with starvation.

I did not deserve to feel happy...

Not after what I had done to everyone.

I squeezed my eyes shut harshly, throwing my body on the bed while still gripping Fluffy. As I closed my eyes pictures flashed in my mind.

Okyaka-sama...

I hissed and ripped my claws away from the teddy, digging my nails down the side of my face as the way Master cut his own throat replayed in my mind.

'I'm sorry but I will not become one of them'

'Your own kindness has corrupt you Tanjiro'

My own kindness...

Does that mean I shouldn't be nice to anyone anymore?

Would that make them like me again...?

"Tanjiro... it's not your fault" I heard Sunny chirp beside me, pulling me back to reality as I ripped my claws away from my face; looking down at my hands to see them blood stained.

I felt the skin regenerate not long after.

Of corse it's my fault.

I didn't respond to Sunny, instead I got some more seeds and placed them on my bedside desk so she could eat as she pleased.

Sunny deserves to eat.

Not like me.

I don't deserve it at all.

I hurt all the people who trusted me, turned them into something many swore to vanquish.

Papa said it would make them happy but it did the opposite... what should I do now? This is all so confusing I hate it.

I hate it, I hate it.

I threw off my blanket and sank to the foot of my bed, clasping my hands over my eyes as tears leaked through my fingers.

Why..

I'm so stupid.

———————————-
{third POV}

Senjiro sat outside admiring his perfectly tamed garden, his father inside drinking as usual.

Senjiro was so confused.

So very confused.

He had sent numerous letters to the demon slayer corps for his brother but neither his crow nor a reply had came back. Senjiro had started to get worried, a reply would've definitely reached him by now... maybe Kyojuro was just busy?

Senjiro decided to look on the positive side.

His brother may be just having the time of his life! But that seemed unlikely.

Senjiro sided and slumped down on the large patch of grass surrounded by flowers, distant calls of his drunken father calling him over making the young boy groan in defeat.

"Hey get over here!" His father slurred, the sound of a bottle smashing making Senjiro cringe and cover his ears to block out the noise.

Senjiro stood up and looked back at his house, staring up at the pale blue sky before taking off into the woods that surrounded the Rengoku estate.

——————————

"It's completely abandoned..." yushiro spoke in disbelief, standing protectively in front of Lady Tamayo as they started at the demon slayer corps with wide eyes.

The number of demon attacks had been increasing drastically and all sightings of the hashira were completely gone as if they had vanished.

They came to check it out to be met with absolutely nothing.

"Let's have a look inside. Watch your step Tanayo-san" Yushiro told the woman before cautiously entering the eerily quiet building with light feet.

"I cannot sense anyone Yushiro. There's no need to be so tense" the lady demon told him, slowly stalking the halls to see if there were any clues as to what could have happened.

"You're right I'm sorry. It seems completely deserted, I wonder what's gone down to make everyone disappear" Yushiro apologised, still sticking close to her to make sure she stayed safe; steadily checking all the empty rooms one by one till they got to the master's section of the mansion.

"Wait. I can hear voices" The male suddenly became alert, holding out his hand protectively as he walked towards the master's bedroom; slowly creaking open the door.

He was met face to face with the master's wife and children, all sat around and eating plain rice in silence.

They all stayed calm and collected as the wife slowly turned to look at the two stunned demon's.

"Tamayo... it's a pleasure to see you again"

———————————-

Some random guy saw my tiddies