Chapter 14: A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant To Be

Disclaimer:
⚠︎︎I do not own any parts of the show Miraculous. This is just a fanfiction!⚠︎︎

   "Well what do you have planned for our hangout?" Marinette asked walking up to her friend. "Let's see.. I was thinking maybe a dinner set up at a roof? Maybe we can have a chat with the food you ordered."
"That'll be lovely Adrien! Watching the sun and fellow parisians in front of us!" Marinette squealed with excitement taking over. Adrien chuckled at his friends behavior and focused his attention to Marinette's mother. "Here is your food Marinette. Hope you two have a great time!"
"Thanks mama and we will!" Marinette said before leaving the bakery.

Adrien smiled following his friend trying to catch up to her, "Marinette you don't even know where your going!" Adrien shouted. The bluenette stopped on her tracks and turned around, "Of course I'm so dumb!" Adrien rested his hand on Marinettes shoulder, "Your not I know you couldn't wait. You looked very excited in fact" Marinette giggles. "Of course I am! I'll spent some valuable time with my.. friend!"
"Yup I know I'm always busy. We'll be spending an hour with each other though. Since I have a-"
"Photoshoot afterwards that's 1 hour and 35 minutes long." Marinette interrupted as realization hit her, "S-Sorry is just that whenever we hang out you usually leave so early for a photo shoot and-!"
"I know Marinette, I understand. It's a usual thing now in these days. Come on" Marinette blinked and stood there for a while, then she snapped back into reality and followed the sunshine boy.

The walk wasn't long, in fact it was quite fast. They had just arrived in 8 minutes. And how surprising that the little "date" was already set up.

"Wow where did you find the time to set this up even though we were literally in school all day?!" Marinette said very surprised. "Well I asked my bodyguard, he didn't mind it at all since he isn't that busy. Just busy waiting for me to get out of school so he drop me off at places." Marinette giggles as she sat down on her knees, facing the Eiffel Tower. Adrien sat next to her staring at the Eiffel Tower as well.

"How come your free for an hour? Did you do some pleading to your father or..?" Adrien chuckled shaking his head, "Of course not. Even if I tried I wouldn't be able to do it, my Chinese classes got cancelled so I figured to use my free time with my very good friend"

Marinette half smiled, she'll always be a friend to him. No matter what.

"I'm glad to be able to spend some time with you too. You know what I figured out yesterday."
Adrien hummed in response, "I have a lot of secret admirers just like you but less."
"Haha wow do you know their names?"
"Mhm I accidentally eavesdropped, don't even ask how it happened. I figured to just let it be"
"If I were I would confront them." Marinette giggled,
"I thought about doing that but I don't wanna break their heart. I have a plan but that's private for now-"

Marinette stopped speaking when she noticed Adrien had the pie on his hands, handing it over to Marinette. "Do you want me to give you the airplane?" Marinette giggles. "I'm not a baby haha!" Adrien chuckled as Marinette gratefully took the pie. She took a fork and tore a piece, afterwards she puts it inside of her mouth.

"Amazing as always" Marinette muffled, "Marinette where are your manners?" Marinette grinned swallowing her grind up food. "I'm sorry haha!"
"It's fine" the two smiled as they looked back at the Eiffel Tower while eating a delicious snack and enjoying each other's stories/company.

꧁Timeskip꧂

   "Awh. I have to go Marinette. My bodyguard has just arrived"
"Awww bummer. I would've love to spend more time with you" Marinette pouted with a sad smile. "I can drop you off at your bakery since I'm just doing a photoshoot at the park- wait I can ask the photographer if we can take photos together!" Adrien widely smiled and took Marinette's hand to drag her all the way down to the ground. Marinette only gave a nervous chuckle as a response since she didn't want to be a bother but Adrien looked so excited.

The car ride was fast once again but this time Adrien was overjoyed, Marinette had never seen this side of Adrien before. She loved how Adrien was so happy. Happiness is temporary unfortunately.

Finally they arrived at their destination, Marinette only made one movement as Adrien interrupted her by dragging her to the park. "Hey Vincent! Do you mind a extra person modeling?"
"Ah Adrien! Of course I don't mind, come on I'm pretty sure Mr.Agreste wouldn't mind either."

The two smiled at each other as they did a pose on the fountain. The photographer smirked taking many photos.

After the Photoshoot, 6:40 p.m

Marinette let out a huff of air as she plopped onto her bunk bed, "Today was quite eventful!" Marinette said happily. "It sure was since you couldn't get rid of that smile of yours." Fei spoke making Marinette giggle. Marinette had just arrived home after Adrien's Photoshoot was done. She was very exhausted but was quite joyful of her day today. Now Marinette was laying on her bed, inviting Fei to come cuddle with her. Fei gladly took the invite and crawled her way to Marinette's bed, Marinette lays her head onto Fei's chest and closed her eyes.

"How was your day?" Marinette asked while Fei was looking out the trap door above them. "It was good, at least I know how to bake some things but I won't be as good as your parents." Marinette giggled looking at Fei's hand, she took it and admired it. "What makes my hand so attractive huh?" Marinette smiled, "Nothing can be interesting than you" Fei smiled as her eyes got all shiny.

Marinette slightly blushed, staring into her dark night eyes. They were so beautiful.

Until..

"Wait.. where's Sylvia?" Marinette spoke as her eyes widen.

"Hm? Who's Sylvia-" Fei stopped noticing Marinette had disappeared so quickly. "Oh thank god she's in my backpack!" Fei looked down and smiled at the bluenette who was hugging a teddy on the carpet she designed. "Sorry- I don't know why I got so worried for a teddy bear" Marinette nervously chuckled, she climbed up the bunk bed and got into the position she was originally in but with the teddy between her arms.

"It alright. I'm guessing Sylvia must be so important to you? Did someone special gave it to you?" Marinette bright up red making Fei giggle, "Well they're not special in any way it's just they gave me Sylvia and I somehow got so attached to it and I-"
"Shh.. I get it now, your slowly gaining feelings for them"

Marinette's eyes widen, she knows that Fei loves her and so does Chloe but, is she gaining feelings for Chloe too? That's impossible. She's in love with Adrien Agreste. Right?

"I highly doubt that, Adrien is the one I love!"
Marinette said with a half smile.

Fei gave a soft chuckle, "If you say so." Marinette smiled snuggling onto Fei's chest. She could feel her friends skin getting warmer, probably from the comfort. But what if Fei is right? If Marinette is really growing feelings for someone other than Adrien then just maybe her friends might have a chance.

.-~*♡︎❤︎♥︎❤︎♡︎*~-.

AN:
[Hey bugheads. Sorry that this chapter is very short and sorry that it took a while but I'm really not feeling well and have to focus on many other things, I can guarantee you that the next update for this book will be the finale! I don't wanna leave a cliffhanger anymore so love y'all so much!<3]