Chapter 1: A Clumsy Fencer

Disclaimer:
⚠︎︎I do not own any parts of the show Miraculous.
This is just a fanfiction!⚠︎︎

———————

As fellow Parisians enjoy the natural breeze of a beautiful day, a particular girl is spending it sleeping on the floor. Marinette gradually opened her eyes with a slight headache as she grumbles sitting up. After a few seconds, she began looking around to realize she was on the floor. "Ugh...my head hurts." She commented with an awfully tired voice, she placed her fingers on her forehead as a tiny red creature flies up to her.
   "Well you fell face first on the floor in the middle of the night, I'm surprised you even slept through it. With a fall like that, human beings should be able to wake up!" Marinette giggled as she got up. "No surprise here...I'm a deep sleeper after all! Say...what day is it?" Marinette walked up to her desktop and turned it on, once the time had popped up on the screen. The bluenette jumped at the sight of it, it was 10:28 am on a Wednesday! She's already 3 hours and 3 minutes late!
   "Oh no!!! I'm so late!!!" Marinette frantically shouted as she immediately changed out of her pj's, brushed her hair, and put them into pigtails in a matter of seconds. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner Tikki?!" The red magical creature flew inside her purse and spoke, "I'm sorry Marinette you needed some rest since you're overwhelming yourself with all of this guardian stuff! Also after the incident during the middle of the night, you woke up the kwami's so I was busy putting them to back sleep, calming them down, and...many more." Marinette smiled while putting on her backpack, "Well thanks for that but school is also important!" She closed her purse so nobody would see Tikki then dashed downstairs. Marinette went out the door not even daring to go inside the bakery because then her parents might be upset that she woke up THIS LATE.

   Oh, wait! What's my next period?! She dug inside her backpack taking out her schedule after digging for a while as she still ran, then sharply paused at the entrance of the school to read the paper. Art Class 10:20-11:50 am. Now knowing what class she has, the bluenette ran inside the building and into the art classroom. "S-Sorry! I...t-the alarm- I didn't put.." Marinette started trying to catch her breath but also trying to give an excuse for why she was so late. "Marinette please take your time to catch your breath instead, you're excused let's just continue with the lesson." The art teacher said patting Marinette's back gently. Marinette nodded, feeling lucky that her next period had a nice and understanding teacher. If it were to be Ms. Mendeleiev then she would've been furious, maybe even sent to detention.
   Marinette headed over to the seat next to Alya who was gazing at her while smiling. "Let me guess, woke up so late because you were busy with 'the stuff' last night?" Alya whispered. Marinette got a hold of her breathing and smiled, nodding her head as her hair slightly bounces elegantly. She sets down her backpack glancing at the empty canvas in front of her.
   "So what are we painting today?" Alya showed her canvas to Marinette, "Well we are continuing painting the statues that were made back in ancient times that we started yesterday, you should ask the teacher since he held all the paintings for today." Marinette nodded in acknowledgment, she gathered her paint brushes, palette, and sketching pencil then set it on her lap. After making sure her equipment wouldn't fall off, she raised her hand to ask for her incomplete artwork.

After Art Class, Wednesday 11:50 am, Outside the Art Class.

   "Girl your painting was amazing!" Both Marinette and Alya walked out of the classroom now walking to the cafeteria. "Really? I think it looked bad because the eyes looked so uneven, the body doesn't even match with the head, and besides I feel that-" Alya sighed having enough of Marinette talking negatively about her special talent, she turned her best friend's body around towards her. "Your. Art. Was. Amazing. End of discussion." Alya said ending the conversation as she walked over to the lunch area and towards the restroom. Marinette smiled walking to the place where you pick up your lunch and grabbed a tray. Oh it's vegetables..again. She took the food, although she would've preferred not to, and went to her usual lunch table. Bzz! Bzz! Once she sat down, she took out her phone seeing a text message from her friend back in Shanghai, Fei.