Ch 7. Surviving

Keaton's P.O.V ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

I woke up and looked around the room. "Alex?" I cried out. Where is she I though. "Alex!?" I stood up and felt a bolt of pain up my leg. I ignored it. I hobbled to the bathroom but she wasn't there. I heard someone come inside the room.

"Keaton." Alex said. I've only known her for two days but I can still recognize her voice.

"Where were you?" I asked worried.

"I was down the hall using the phone." She said.

"Did you call the police." I asked as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Yea." she responded. She walked to the bed and sat down. "They said I was crazy then hung up on me."

I walked as fast as I could and sat next to her. "It's going to be ok. Don't worry." I slid my hand into hers.

"I know." She looked down. "How's your leg cat man." She said trying not to laugh.

"Good." I lied. "Shouldn't we go find help?"

"Yea.." She stopped. "Let me just see your wound." She took off the 'band aid' and cleaned it.

We walked out of the room and downstairs. We stopped, the manager or whatever he was on the floor with a bunch of empty bottles around him.

"Is he dead?" Alex asked. She walked around him.

"I dont think so..I think he's just drunk." I said. I walked around him and next to Alex.

"Poke him." she said.

"Eww no...you poke him." I said.

"Scary cat." She stuck her tongue out at me then pokes him with her shoe.

He woke up and looked at us. "Awwwww annoying pest. Get out of my hotel!!!"

"But-'' Alex started to say.

"Out!!!" He started to get up but fell on the floor.

We ran out as fast as we could. Some people stopped and stared at us. We walked for what seemed an eternity and stopped at a nicer looking place.

"I'm hungry." Alex said.

"So am I but we dont have any money." I replied.

"Sing." She said.

"What?" I asked then got what she meant. "One condition."

She raised her eyebrow.

"Sing with me." I said.

"I can't sing." She said.

"Yes you can I heard you sing yesterday. You thought I was asleep but I wasn't. "

She crossed her arms over her chest. "No."

I looked around and saw a hat. I walked over to it, placed it next to my feet and started singing.

Alex's P.O.V

Keaton started singing The A-Team by Ed Sheeran. People stopped to hear him sing...well most of them where girls. I started singing quietly then realized a girl was listening to me. "Sorry." I said

He finished singing and a lot of people clapped and placed money in the hat.

"I'll give you ten dollars if the girl sings." The girl that was listening to me said.

I gulped. "Um...sure." I said. "What song."

"Give your heart a break." she replied.

I started singing. I could feel my cheeks burning red. I had never sang in front of a crowd. I finished the song and they clapped and put money in the hat.

"Hey I'll give you five dollars for the hat." an old man asked.

I looked at Keaton. He shrugged then took the money out of the hat and gave it to the man. He received the five Buck and walked to my side.

The old man put on the hat, started laughed and dancing like a maniac.

I looked at Keaton and we both started laughing our heads off. We might actually survive I thought.