nineteen

monday. hyejin woke up got ready and went to school. she was in an okay mood, she wanted to skip school, but she decided not to because she can't just do that. she just wasn't in the mood for people.

hyejin was about to put her earphones in when someone called her name. she knew it was taehyun so she turned around and saw the red haired boy walking towards her.

"hey taehyun, are you okay?" she asked because taehyun had big circles under his eyes and he looked sad.

"ah, i'm okay, just a bad day." he said with a weak smile.

hyejin returned the smile. she felt the exact same way.

"how was your weekend?" taehyun asked after a minute of silence.

the girl told him how she spent her weekend, and she also told taehyun the conversation she had with yeonjun in the café.

"oh, i knew he liked soobin. so i'm not surprised he asked for your help."

"yeah and then i told him who's my cru-"
hyejin's eyes widened and she immediately shut her mouth. "i mean-"

"i know you have a crush hyejin." said taehyun when they arrived at the school. "and i know who's your crush."

"WHAT? no... you're lying. how would you know?" the girl asked.

"it's pretty obvious. the way you look at him. the way you talk to him."

silence.

"oh come on hyejin, you like beomgyu." said the boy finally when they reached their classroom.

"shhh! please taehyun don't tell anyone." said hyejin, with a desperate look.

"i won't. why would i?"

"okay thank you, can we talk about it tho? after school? i really need someone right now."

"no, sorry." said taehyun. hyejin looked at him with a confused look, tearing up. "of course i'll help, i'm always here for you." said the red haired boy with a smile. his eyebags were still visible.

hyejin giggled the  went to her seat and sat down. after a few minutes, she saw cho coming into the classroom with kai. hyejin smiled, she knew they liked each other. they looked so cute together.

"hyejin!" said cho then hugged her.

then the class started.

"okay everyone, please sit next to your partners, and work on your project! you only have one week left to turn it in! good luck!" said the teacher who then started doing something on the computer.

hyejin stood up, then went to sit next to
beomgyu.

"hi beomgyu, how are you?"

"okay." said beomgyu, not looking at hyejin.

"are you sure?" asked the girl.

"mhm." beomgyu hummed.

hyejin found it strange. beomgyu's behaviour. he was replying with only words, not even sentences. they couldn't even work on their project, because beomgyu was literally ignoring the girl.

hyejin didn't know why, and then when the bell rang, beomgyu packed his things, and without a word left the classroom. the black haired girl just stood there, looking after him. why is he like this all of the sudden?

beomgyu was walking to have lunch with the others. he couldn't talk to hyejin after she saw her with yeonjun in the café. he felt bad about himself. they looked so cute together, and they were having fun. he couldn't talk to the girl he likes, when that girl likes someone else.