Debbie tells

Part 33

Debbie - "We were fine. But then after the honeymoon period we just started fighting. Fight after fight weekly and we just strayed apart. Lou barely left her room and umm..."

Y/n - "And what?"

Debbie goes quiet moving her head away scared to say it but you grab her to face you.

Y/n - "Debbie please what tf happened!"

Debbie - "She's been harming herself. I tried to help her the best I could but..."

Y/n - "But what Debbie where is she?"

Debbie - "She's fine! She's just at a psych ward and because our medical contacts are still here we came back."

Y/n - "What do you mean?"

Debbie - "She was hurting herself. It started off as just staying inside but she got worse lately and I'm not sure what triggered it but she just lost it and cut her wrists loads. I took her to the hospital to get help and once she was cleared with no serious damage, they did an assessment and said she had to be taken away so she was."

You're silent and still as your brain tries to understand why she would do that.

Debbie - "Hunny I know it's-"

Y/n - "I'm so fucking stupid!!"

Debbie - "What what do you mean?"

You go to get out the car and she grabs your arm and pulls you back.

Debbie - "Y/n i swear to god you're not leaving this car until I know you're okay come here!"

She pulls you in for a hug and you just cry.
You calm down eventually and she asks you what's up.

Debbie - "Now what I want to know is how you think this is your fault Hunny?"

Y/n - "Because... because I sent her a letter."

Debbie - "A what? when?"

Y/n - "A few weeks ago... saying that I forgive her and still love her and always will. I thought she'd moved on and was happy. I just wanted her to know I was okay. She wouldn't let me speak to her on Tammy's phone and I needed to tell her how I was myself. So I sent it to her. I sent her a letter and now she's in a fucking psych ward and it's all my fault."

You start to tear up but Debbie stops and wipes away your tears.

Debbie - "Hey what we are not going to do is cry more okay. You weren't to know what was happening to Lou. I didn't even know how bad it was until a few weeks ago fully so don't pin it on you. It's just one of those things and she's getting help now. She's seeing a councillor who's talking her through her issues and hopefully she will be back soon."

Y/n - "But what then?"

Hey angels the convo between them will carry on tomorrow. Sorry I'm just trying to make sure it all makes sense so please be patient.
K💞