Chapter 21

"I don't wanna." I groaned, tossing to the other side of the bed.

"Come on, get up. You're gonna have to." He ordered, pulling me up by the arms.

"But I don't wanna go to school." I whined.

"Oh stop. There's only a semester left." He told me, but I flopped back down. "I will go find a hose and spray you with cold water." He threatened, and I shot up, grabbing clothes and hurrying to the bathroom. Damn him.

We arrived at school later than usual because of me, so students were already there. "Damn it." Lucas muttered as he pulled around to the back. "Get out here so they don't see us."

"But I don't wanna walk around to the front." I whined, but he shot me a look.

"I'm serious Cindy, get out." He ordered, and I groaned and opened the door and stepped out, and as soon as I shut it, he took off towards the front. I muttered something very unladylike and had to walk all the way around the building to get to the front, where students were being let in and I was the last to follow. I avoided the Choir room and decided to hunt for Bethany, but I doubted she was here yet. So I sat down at a library computer and started writing.

"Cindy!" I heard her voice behind me, so I saved my work and turned around.

"Hey Bethany." I greeted, standing up and hugging her.

"I didn't see you, like, all of break!" She stated, letting go of me and crossing her arms. "Where were you?"

"In the apartment?" I answered questionably. "That's where I always was."

"Well, we stopped by on Christmas but nobody was home." She countered, sounding really upset.

"Oh, well I went to go see my brother on Christmas." I told her, but she didn't look impressed.

"You could've texted me or something." She whined, and I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Bethany, some of us have lives, so I'm sorry if we don't respond to your texts." I answered with a head nod, but her jaw dropped offensively.

"Well, I'm sorry Ms. I'm-dating-my-teacher." She shot at me, and I shot her a glare back.

"Shut up!" I whispered, and she toned her voice down.

"Sorry." She replied, flicking my hand off her shoulder. "Is today an A-day?"

"Yeah." I groaned, thinking of my classes.

"Well, let's go to Theatre then." She smiled, so we linked arms and skipped to Theatre like little kids. Yes, I'm still a kid on the inside, and apparently she was too.

We got through Theatre, and then I was off to wherever I was going next. I kept having to look at my schedule and memorize it, but where I was going was on the opposite side of the school, so I headed down, trying to avoid as many people as possible. But that was impossible, of course, and I ended up running into the one person I was dreading majorly.

"Oh, hey Cindy." Zack greeted evilly, pulling me over to the lockers. "A whole semester went by, didn't it?"

"Yeah…?" I answered stupidly, but it seemed to only be Zack, so I wasn't too scared. "Please move, I have to get to class."

"Oh, that won't be a problem." He smiled, keeping one arm on each side of my face. "I'm just wondering why you haven't answered my texts."

"Because we broke up, Zack." I answered simply, slipping under one of his arms and quickened my pace towards my class. I had the worst feeling that he knew.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome back, ladies!" Mr. Smith greeted us as we headed into our last B-day class. Yesterday was fine after Zack, but today just killed me because of my classes. "Pick up the new music for our Spring concert. I have a feeling you'll love it."