Chapter 8

"Hey." Abby greeted as I closed the door behind me, and she was flipping the TV channel for Dad. "Where'd you go? You were just gone."

"Oh yeah, like you care." I growled as I walked to my room, avoiding everyone else. They didn't care, I know for a fact.

So I put on my pajamas and slipped into bed. It was a metal piece of crap, I'll admit, but it was better than the wooden floor. I was exhausted after smoking Lucas at minigolf. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it in the end.

I was so close to falling asleep when my phone beeped.

"What the hell?" I whined as I saw the text from Bethany.

hey u up? cant sleep :(  She texted, and I sighed.

im up now, but im tired 2. I texted back, putting my phone on my desk and hoping she'd go bug someone else. Until it beeped again.

o wht u do?

I was out.

on a date?

I debated what I wanted to answer, but I answered it truthfully. yea.

with who???

nobody u kno.

TELL ME!!!!

a friend.

boyfriend?

no.

oh. I c. She texted, and as I was punching in letters, she texted me again. then ill let u sleep. night. And I shut off my phone and put it on the desk. I know I have so much to explain on Monday…

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Cindy!" I heard Bethany's voice as she hooked her arm in mine and dragged me to the lockers. "You've got some explaining to do."

"On what?" I asked innocently… and stupidly, making her glare.

"You know what! Explain your date!" She whined, and quieted her down. It was now Monday, end of seventh, and we were going to lunch, although she found me before I could get there.

"Look, and friend and I went to dinner and played minigolf." I told her, jerking my arm free. "And then we got ice cream and he drove me home."

"He?" She asked with hopefulness, making her eyes widen. "Ooh, do tell. Does he go here?"

"Like, he's a student?" I asked, but she looked at me stupidly.

"No, a teacher." She answered with sarcasm. "Yes, a student!"

"No, he doesn't go here." I answered, but I was laughing on the inside.

"Aw…" She trailed sadly, and I waved her along to go to lunch. But as usual, she has to make my life harder. "Hey Mr. Trenton!" She exclaimed, waving to him as he came out of the classroom. I tried to go by unseen, but he just stopped us.

"Hey girls." He greeted, fixing his dark blue shirt. "Going to lunch?"

"Yeah, we were just heading there." I answered as he shrugged and let us pass.

"I'll see you two in class." He called as I hurried to the cafeteria. I swear I keep liking him more and more when I get close to him…

"So, what's his name?" She kept pestering me over and over, and we sat down at our table, covering my ears with my hands.

"Can you stop asking me? Maybe you'd find out." I shot at her, but she pouted, crossing her arms like a little kid.

"Well, maybe if you stopped being so secretive I wouldn't ask so much." She countered, but I ate all my food and threw my trash away. I looked back at her, but she looked like she was going to annoy me some more, so I grabbed my stuff and headed to the Choir room.