Chapter 7

I'm pacing the floor back in forth in my room. I can't decide what to wear. I have some dresses I've gotten from Mark in the past, and some Trisha has bought me for my birthday, but I couldn't decide. It was now five, about an hour after school ended, and I was getting ready for my date with Lucas. The only bad thing was that I had absolutely no clue where he was taking me.

And what was worse was that I had to sneak past my family.

I picked out a more or less casual purple dress, wearing the grey jacket with it, and white shoes with a small heel, and a white rose headband. I slapped on some foundation to my face so it didn't look like it was a complete mess with the jaw thing. I straightened some of my hair, but added small curls at the tips, making it kinda look like Aurora's from Disney. 

I made my way out to the window by the front door to wait for Lucas, somewhat hiding behind the couch and looking out the window. I had my phone in my jacket pocket in case he cancelled or anything, but I was really hoping he didn't. I wanted to see how this went.

But I couldn't let anyone in my family know about him, either.

I saw his car pull up and I slipped through the front door before he could get out of his car, and closed it quietly and hoped nobody heard it. I ran over and hugged him, although I almost tripped because of the heels.

"Hey, you look nice." He complimented, backing up and opening the shotgun side door.

"Thanks, you look good yourself." I complimented back, looking over his buttoned up flannel shirt and black pants. "Okay, the converse so don't match." I pointed out, looking at his outfit and then his shoes.

"Yeah yeah, I don't follow the fashion today nor do I have any sense of it." He informed, closing my car door after I climbed in and getting into the driver's seat. "I've got such a good place to take you tonight."

"That actually scares me on so many levels." I laughed as he started his car and pulled away from my house, and we were off on our evening together. I flipped on the radio, and the commercials are on, but when Some Nights by F.U.N. comes on, I start singing along with it lightly.

"So, you like to sing?" He asked me stupidly, and I shot him a look.

"Am I in your Choir class or not?" I asked him, and he shrugged.

"Hey, some people do it for the credit." He pointed out, but I shook my head.

"Nope, I'm all Choir girl." I smiled as I turned the volume up way too much as Footloose by Kenny Loggins comes on, and I'm whipping my hair and snapping with the beat, singing my little messed up heart out, not caring that Lucas is singing with me.

He turned down the music as soon as the song was over, and drove up to miniature golf course, making me laugh. "I was told we were getting dinner."

"Yeah, they serve dinner here." He pointed out, parking the car, and we climbed out. I felt awkward being in a dress, but Lucas interlaced his hand in mine, and I felt like I owned the world. We strolled right into the restaurant and sat down, picking a booth on the side with a window.